Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
The-vampire-diaries
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

Alaricklaus was Rumplestiltskin/Joker, while normal Klaus is more lame and badly written version of Regina. 

Are you Cray....AlaricKlaus could never reach the level of sinsterness and manipulativeness even if he tried but yeah i agree on the current Klaus being like lamer Regina.

Sorry dearie, but that's bullshit if I ever saw one. you can't whitewash bad writing

I'm not trying to whitewash anything.Klaus is a badly written character and i agree.I was just speculating on why he suddenly changed from being a calm calculative villian to a ragey emo teenage boy.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Mwahaha "well, you showed me" ugh his FACE.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts
Well what do you mean by off? I thought it was forced and I wasn't convinced that she hates him. They're really turning them into S1 DE.

I couldn't tell if Caroline meant what she said or if I was supposed to find her words unconvincing.

they don't know how to keep him around without restricting his retaliations

This sums it up. Klaus was supposed to be the big bad villain who would fight against the 'heroes' of the show and eventually die. Yet he became overwhelmingly popular (and a favorite of Plec's, right?) so he was kept alive instead. Now he is stuck with the people who've spent a whole season trying to kill him. Realistically, they should all be dead by now, but then we wouldn't have a show. Therefore Klaus has been toned down because that's the only way all these characters can co-exist.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

^Kind of makes you glad he's leaving the show.Lol,i hope Plec doesn't fuck Klaus' character for camille now.

Posted at

This sums it up. Klaus was supposed to be the big bad villain who would fight against the 'heroes' of the show and eventually die. Yet he became overwhelmingly popular (and a favorite of Plec's, right?) so he was kept alive instead. Now he is stuck with the people who've spent a whole season trying to kill him. Realistically, they should all be dead by now, but then we wouldn't have a show. Therefore Klaus has been toned down because that's the only way all these characters can co-exist.

So bassically Klaus is Katherine/Damon now.  

Because BN is obsessed with reminding us things we already know and comparing him to every perfect villain ever. I think we all respect freedom of speech but sometimes you just need to shut up.Is that your roundabout way to agree with me on Klaus being a little whiny kid?

Are you Cray....AlaricKlaus could never reach the level of sinsterness and manipulativeness even if he tried but yeah i agree on the current Klaus being like lamer Regina.

I agree. Rumple has manipulativenes and trolling down to a t. BUt Alaricklaus displayed similar patterns in how he behaved even if not on the same level. 

And that is far more enjoyable than a lamer Regina, because to be Regina you have to be Lana Parrilla first. 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Spike wasn't meant to last long either but when they kept him around longer, they put a chip in his head where he couldn't hurt humans. He was still a villain and harassed Buffy, but my point is the show fails at finding obstacles for Klaus to not retaliate, instead they just use Caroline so she won't hate him if he kills everyone. There's nothing wrong with villains falling in love but they're contriving it too much for him. They killed his brother, he shouldn't let this slide just for Caroline 

I couldn't tell if Caroline meant what she said or if I was supposed to find her words unconvincing. I think it was both. I don't see how she can't hate him, but I do think she's forcing herself to do it half the time 
Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
that your roundabout way to agree with me on Klaus being a little whiny kid?    

Haven't we all agreed? The problem is you're so incessant. You're like a hardcore atheist going on for ten minutes why God isn't real when no said anything. Like if we're all aware of the flaws but still like him, I don't see why you need to be a buzz kill 

Posted at
Cooling

^Kind of makes you glad he's leaving the show.Lol,i hope Plec doesn't fuck Klaus' character for camille now.

either way, she's making him a protagonist. do you have any faith in her making it work?

Posted at

Spike wasn't meant to last long either but when they kept him around longer, they put a chip in his head where he couldn't hurt humans. He was still a villain and harassed Buffy, 

Except that Spike never was a "villain". he was an antagonist in terms of purpose, but n terms of character narrative he was a hopeless romantic roleplaying a villain. It fit his build-up. its not a direct 180 degree change. Its a logical progression of the character - instead of taking him out of the show, they left him in and continued to develop him in the same direction, unlike with Klaus.

There's nothing wrong with villains falling in love but they're contriving it too much for him.It simply does not fit his character and writers do not have the talent needed to pull it off.

And yes, there's nothing wrong with villain/hero love stories. Case in point a certain beauty and certain gold-making "beast". Or a certain pirate and a certain swan. 

either way, she's making him a protagonist. do you have any faith in her making it work?Especially considering the previous protagonist of Plec *cough*Elena*cough*.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

The co writer for the spinoff isn't that bad I think, but still

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Elena: Why don't you ever let anyone see the good in you?
Damon: When people see good they expect good. And I don't wanna live up to anyone's expectations.