Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
1565 posts
Amie

Sebastian Roché > David Anders > Candice  Accola > Daniel Gillies > Arielle Kebbel>>>> Joseph Morgan >>> Kat.Graham >>>>>> Trevino >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ian >>>>>> PW >>> N.Dobrev  

LOL, sorry but no, with all due respect and as much I like Candice Accola, she is not better than Daniel Gillies......uh no, never. Daniel Gillies delivers a great performance. always. Candice still has a lot to learn in acting because I have seen a bit of that dating advice from my future self and the way she plays her character there is not that much different from the way she plays Caroline...just less control freak. And Trevino is better than Ian, sorry but noooo, as much as Ian's monkeying around annoys me lately Trevino only has two facial expressions and he wayyyyy below average acting. To me he is the worst of the bunch. 

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

Based on Pleccy's latest interview, I bet Silas!Stefan will go the way of Tyler!Klaus. Too bad, cause that was a storyline I would enjoy watching in the long run.

Please they don't have some chemistry, they have loads of it. 

Everything about them was better in season 2 imo, including their chemistry. If Plec wanted to pursue SC she should have done it in season 3 (while building up DE at the same time), now it's too late and it feels awkward. Just my opinion though.

Posted at

And Veronica was not as obsessive and crazy as Logan.VEronica constantly suspected him, was generally just as assholish and self-centered as Logan was(considering her hero-trip was all about feeling better and projecting herself upon those she helps), she put a goddamn tracker in his car, spied on him, was happy to see him beat up Piz and they both played a break-up roulette every day. Hell the whole S3 was all about showcasing her darker sides.

. Blair and Chuck deserved each other because she was a bitch tooBlair and CHuck deserved each other because there was no other scheming asshole like that who would get her and support her and NOT try to change her into some good girl. 

Buffy and Spike were perfect because she was selfish too. 

Never said that.

Spuffy worked because Spike accepted that as a part of her while rest of scoobies rejected that (hence Empty Places events where eveyrone turns on her). And both were equally messed up.

True love yo.

please leave the fairytale shit out of this. We are talking about chemistry and romance, not some destiny crap.

Its possible to like a female character and ship her with someone without interposing his personality on to her. She can have her own you know.bitch please. and oh please do tell when I did that.

Apparantly people being SIMIlar now equals them being SAME?

And yes, pairings have to have similarities and parallels for it to WORK. that's the basis of good writing. But I never said that VEronica and Logan are identical or that Spuffy is identical(they are two halves of the same, not identical halves of the same) 

Same =/= Similar, so fuck off.

Posted at

Everything about them was better in season 2 imo, including their chemistry. If Plec wanted to pursue SC she should have done it in season 3 (while building up DE at the same time), now it's too late and it feels awkward.^THIS.

Its hilarious on how this could hav ebeen applied to pretty much EVERRRRRY SINGLE PLOTLINE.

"If plec wanted to pursue Vamp-Elena, she should have done it at the end of s1, now its too late"

"if plefc wanted to pursue elena katherine conforntation, she shoul dhave done it in S2, now its too late".

"if plec wanted to pursue meaningful DE, she should have done it in S2 instead of ruining both characters, now its too late"

half of the shit in this show can be clasified as "too late".

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

Did I just read that Trevino is a better actor than Paul Wesley?

LOL NO.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

Nothing beats Roerig's shitty acting though.

He's lucky Plec has a hard on for him.

Posted at

Candice still has a lot to learn in acting because I have seen a bit of that dating advice from my future self and the way she plays her character there is not that much different from the way she plays Caroline...just less control freak.

That's about versatility and I agree, but then again not many actors in TVD have versatility.  S.Roche is at the top because he is fucking versatile as fuck, with huge range and he was seriously underused in this trainwreck.  If you want a great actor for a role, get Christopher Eccleston. If you can't get Christopher Eccleston, get his clone, S.Roche. David Anders also has a huge range playing various characters ranging from psychopaths to loving fathers to secret agents. The way his Uncle John changed over seasons was great and I am  still pissed they decided to turn him into plot device and kill him. Caroline might not have the range those above have, but what C.Accola did with Caroline in S2 and S1, she did real good, with a lot of nuance of how her personality have changed, down to how she talks. No other actor in this show managed to display that kind of growth. Elijah, while great as an actor, doe snot have that growth those above him in my list did, nor range. But what he does he does damn good even if a bit hammy. Same with Arielle, although she is less good than Gillies. JoMO when compared to that has total of two or three facial expressionss he does real good. No range or versatility or growth, but what can do he does do he does perfectly Kat.Graham is in similar vein, except she has less talent than JoMo. Trevino has total of two or three facial expressions, but he, unlike Ian, knows when to utilize them and does not overuse the trademark ones. Every scene with Caroline in S2 was top notch and he really sells pain he feels due to transformations. Ian has one facial expression of total, its overused as fuck, but... not as annoyingly fake as PW's. You can cringe as much as you want and you should, at Ian's eyeacting, but at least he switches it on and off, so to say. PW enters the scene with the same face and  leaves the scene with that face. And then you have N.Dobrev who has no facial expressions and one tone of the voice - kristen Stewart tone of the voice, that is.

Posted at
Rym
60 posts
Selina-kyle

And then you have N.Dobrev who has no facial expressions and one tone of the voice - kristen Stewart tone of the voice, that is.

Dobrev was decent this season, actually, good. As average as she might be in TVD she doesn't deserve to be called Kristen Stewart, nobody does.

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

so fuck off.

geez thanks. Someone getting a little worked up over a debate? If you can't handle it, then here's an idea, you might want to get out of a KC thread. Which it is btw. But then again, you'd have less opportunity to pms all over people who you feel are less intelligent than you. So that's a bummer.

Anyways, where did this debate over sameness and similarity start? What I said was I have a problem with how everything that makes a character an individual is swept away (in the eyes of some) in order to justify her being with a guy. I.e.: Veronica is a suspicious controlling gf, therefore perfect for Logan.  If you like a couple, like them, but don't go around puting other pairings down with random comparisons to other couples that are so alike in their horribleness. My whole point is I don't like that justification. I don't understand how its supposed to make me go 'ahaa, now I get it'.

please leave the fairytale shit out of this. We are talking about chemistry and romance, not some destiny crap.

Once again, what part did you not understand? I believe my point was not everything that happens between a couple has to be intellectualized and justified from every angle before people like it. You can like it for chemistry. And when you do, bloody admit it. Instead of creating weird justifications like "oo she's crazy, so she and he 2getha 4evaaaa!"        

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

I'm not sure about DG. I haven't seen much of him. He's definitly a good kisser though. Lucky Nina.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.