Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries
Patri
742 posts

Nobody says Pleccy is innocent. She is the one who made the show all about ships, she is the one who gave power to the shippers, she is the one who pandered to the crays way too much.

Also, the nutjobs may be a minority...but in fandoms, vocal minorities always overpower quiet majorities and give everyone a bad name. That's how it is, sadly.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

@Gayatri

Those fedoras look bad on 95% of the world's population (Ian is a lucky 5%). And between the ugly-ass hat and the glasses, all you see is ears lol. Not JM's best asset.

I'll just pretend he tried to look as bad as possible to troll the paps. lmao

As for the Claire rumors, it's just the classic 'these people seem close, they must be dating' thing. I doubt there was ever any truth to that.
Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

That's the thing though. Whether there is any truth to it hardly matters. Its the reaction that says everything.

You know who else wore a fedora though?? Trevino on 90210. He was rarely without one. His character in there was hilarious.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

@Patri Lol,so true.JoMo's whole attire was just bad.I think i'll just go with the pretending like he did this on purpose,just like you,lmao.

Trevino is quite trendy irl though.I don't think i've seen him looking as bad as JoMo did in those pics.Ever.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

I thought Persia got hate moreso for being 4 years older (since god forbid the woman being eldest in a relationship) and for not being pretty enough, I haven't see all the hate but I didn't think it had to do with her background, I thought that was just a race card thrown at the idiots who hated on her, which is just as bad. It could just be me, but I could never really tell she's half black. And well yeah idk, he usually has good attire lmao

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

And tbh it reminds me of the backlash Jessica Szor got for dating Westwick, fans also whined that she was three years older and basically not in his league, while at the same time shipping him with Leighton who was with SebStan at the time. I think the hate is more "he's out of her league" then racism. But I could be delusional 

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes
^I think you could be right about that but really its just(mostly) Jodice shippers spouting on their hate.Some even said Candice should dump that fray guitarist( i keep forgetting his name.ugh)to date JoMo lol.I mean sure Jodice have chemistry but can we just stop at that please.Its beyond ridic.Nian dated too and look where that got them.Nina is doing whatever and Ian is bitter tweeting.ugh.Sometimes i want to bash this fandom with a baseball bat(i'll prolly get killed trying though,i am counting on you guys to have my back if i ever try)
Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

hope you guys are right. sometimes its better to just think that way too. its not like raging about it will change anything. but race is hardly a card to be played. I just can't get over the intial reaction to Marcel and then this thing with Persia keeps on popping up in the klaroline tag. its just a tad annoying. especially when the reaction is ewww or a version of it. its like wow, and I suppose you're better looking than her, and just as/more talented? people need to chill with their measuring sticks.

in what part of the universe are Persia and Jessica not pretty enough?? lol this fandom is nuts. But then again I do come across comments about how Nina of all people is ugly. TVD world doesn't understand average looks. Even the extras have to be gorgeous lol, so idk what this fandom is on most of the time.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

I think the TVD fandom has misogynistic tendencies more than race issues tbh. No matter who fans ship her with, I've never seen anyone actively hate on Candice's boyfriend. Or Kat's boyfriend. Or Claire's boyfriend. But I remember a fandom war against Ian's previous girlfriend and I remember Paul's wife gating hate early on. I've even seen some people pull the 'out of her league' card with that girl from Glee Trevino was dating.

@Gayatri

I don't really follow Trevino, but doesn't he have that rapper look going on? Not a fan of that, but it's a matter of personal opinion.

Joseph looks ok usually, don't know how this mess happened lol. But he's bound to get some more press now, so he must be a bit careful.

I love how I'm judging everyone else's style when half the time I leave the house wearing the weirdest combinations lmao. Sometimes I don't care enough to even make an effort.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

I think the TVD fandom has misogynistic tendencies more than race issues tbh. No matter who fans ship her with, I've never seen anyone actively hate on Candice's boyfriend. Or Kat's boyfriend. Or Claire's boyfriend

Its because majority of the TVD fandom is of the female persuasion,no one cares about Candice,Kat or Claire's boyfriends bc they aren't fapping to them.JoMo and the rest of male cast's significant others get hate merely bc these guys are the fandoms "bbys" and the fandom thinks they deserve better.Although i have seen people saying they wished Kat would break up with her boyfriend to be with Nate and same about Candice,so she could date JoMo.

Lol,i don't follow Trevino either but from what i've seen from the gifs and the cons is that he is trendy.A bit like male Kat,lmao.Although i don't like his pink pants. :P

I love how I'm judging everyone else's style when half the time I leave the house wearing the weirdest combinations lmao. Sometimes I don't care enough to even make an effort.

ME TOO,lmao.But then again, its not like we are paid to look good all the time,lol.Lbr,if JoMo weren't good looking there'd be no TO.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad