Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
3965 posts
Halde

Really?

I thought "The Dark Knight Rises" was amazing. Yes, there were a couple of places that took me out of the movie, and the "romance" between Bruce and Tatia was weird. But on most fronts i thought it was great. One of few superhero movie that actually focuses on the identity behind the mask.

Posted at

TDKR was ....horrible and underhwelming.

Seriously the only Nolan's batman movie that I really liked is Begins. It was the only movie actually about  Batman himself. 

Posted at
436 posts
Nawtyangel

One of few superhero movie that actually focuses on the identity behind the mask.i appreciated that about the movie but there were some parts of that i wanted to facepalm.....

it was a good movie and i did enjoy it. its just some parts were so slow.

The time jump- i was like "thank goodness" because how very weird him training for 2days and then climbing out the hole. also the cops escaped after 3 months and had no facial hair and didnt look messy.

im going to miss Christian Bale as Batman, loved Anne Hathaway and is JosepH Gordon Levitt going to be in a Robin movie? maybe even nightwing....

i saw SpiderMan a week earlier and i just thought it was better.

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

I thought Aamzing Spiderman sucked:/

The tone of that movie was totally out of order, the death of Ben was executed horribly. They went for a more realistic world than Sam Raimi's, but they messed it up big time with awkward scenes such as the one where Parker tells Denis Leary that there is a lizard in the town(in the poilce station). The only positive thing about the movie was the fighting between Spiderman and lizardguy was wellmade, and then Denis Leary who did an amazing acting job and also the spiffy comments Spiderman throws at his opponents, that's a little closer to the spidy from the comics. The other actors was not good and compltetly yawnworthy. And i think they tried to do a youththing with the diaglouge, specificly between Parker and Gwen, where they like couldn't complete sentences and repeated things because of nervousness, but it DID NOT work out. 

This reboot gave a whole new appreciation of the Sam Raimi's Spiderman.

Om Batman, for me it's a close tie on Dark Knight and Rise of the Dark Knight. Both the sequels were superior to Begins with "one exception". The first movie, being the first movie in a superhero movie triology, was the one where Bruce became Batman. This is ussually the best part about superhero movies, and they tend to go straight downhill from when the man/woman actually becomes the superhero. Batman Begin has that element going, and is where it scores the most points for me. . .

Posted at

i saw SpiderMan a week earlier and i just thought it was better.

I despises the spiderman reboot and it still was better than "boring knight rises and does a jesus christ impression for 2 hours while listens to a guy witha gas mask mumble for 2 hours

Batman's character in begins was the best. A slightly obsessive, a bit not-right-in the head supergenius guy obsessed with vigilanteism.

Then Second movie came, decided to focus entirely on joker and started to turn Batman into some messiah kind of figure. meh.  

Third movie was even more of mary sue messiah batman, just now we had a villain we could not understand when he spoke and a bunch completely ridiculous storytelling decisions(oh hey let's introduce a throw-away boring disposable girlfriend then turn her into main villain out of nowhere, complete with cliche backstory). 

DK and DKR had the same problem. Nolan lost the movie by diving into pseudo-philosophy instead of focusing what makes Batman franchise interesting - psychology of Batman himself.  

Posted at
22846 posts
Elenalovesspn

There's always one thing that's bugging me about Batman Begins (despite Katie Holmes): This machine that vaporised all the water. A human body is like 70 % water, but everybody's fine. I remember someone saying that it wouldn't mean an ulitmate death but surely a painful one. Like, what about the water in blood?

Posted at
22846 posts
Elenalovesspn

vaporize or vaporise, no idea. 

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

I loved Bane's voice, and frankly if you had trouble understanding what he said, the problem doesn't lie with the movie, because it was a very clear voice. Although in the  beginning on the plane, it was as if he couldn't decide what accent to use. 

Posted at

Bane sounded like he had a mouth full of rocks size of mt.augustus in his mouth. 99% of what he was saying was either uninteligible because of it being impossible to hear or because it was pseudo-philosophical one percent crap. 

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

It's with a z i think:P

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.