OT: 2012 - The Year of Joss Whedon (Marvel's Avengers, Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing", Whedon's "Cabin In The Woods") discussion thread
And CA sells historical accuracy for political correctness. . .Posted 9/1/2012 4:02:04 PM #
Thor is better than CA. It's sorta about him gaining power, getting more mature and getting wiser. . . So he has an arc. It's a very simple movie. The love interest here is boring and generic as well. . .Posted 9/1/2012 4:08:47 PM #
If you watch Thor you will see something weird with the angle, mostly later in the movie. I don't know what it is called, but they tip the camera to the right. In almost every scene in the later parts, they have this tipped angle, and they have it so much, you actually notice it a lot when watching it. . .Posted 9/1/2012 4:12:57 PM #
IM, CA or Thor
IM hell yes.
CA if you like the character himself since plot is....meeeh.
Thor for special effects and Loki.
new Spiderman - nopenopenopenopenopenope.
Have any of you read 50 shades? Is this worth the read, because I realy can't stand the hype around this book anymore.
legends say that reading 50 shades of gray makes one feel like he/she is bathing in feces.Posted 9/1/2012 5:11:34 PM #
50 shades of gray is fucking stupid. Spiderman movie and TDKR disappointed mePosted 9/1/2012 5:17:14 PM #
So what I'm gathering is definitely IM and no way in hell to Spiderman and 50 shades lol. The only reason I even considered watching Spiderman was because of Emma Stone. What about the Hunger games book series, any good?Posted 9/1/2012 5:29:43 PM #
The Hunger Games is like a cheap version of Battle Royale, but STILL good. It's way too overhyped but it's still an enjoyable book. Part III of Mockingjay (last book) kinda reminds me of Oprah "YOU die and YOU die and guess what, YOU die too!"
The love interesting is boring, and there are no strings to it. You get the feel that the only reason she is the love interest, is because she is the lady in the movie. . . CA is a letdown. . .
thank god i'm not the only one feeling like that. i completely hated captain america but love the Avengers!StevePosted 9/1/2012 6:14:14 PM #
The Hunger Games is like a cheap version of Battle Royale
Posted 9/1/2012 6:21:22 PM #
- Along with 6 other stories that adapted the same idea. I prefer Battle Royale
Okay going by the teaser trailer of Iron Man 3, Peper will either get killed off or get her suit in this movie.Posted 10/22/2012 12:39:12 PM #
Posted 10/23/2012 7:13:21 AM #
- Stark is suffering from ptsd because of Avengers events and the whole battle where he almost died. its implied that because of those events A LOT of people now want Stark dead, since it attracted EVERYONE's attention to him and rest of Avengers.
- Stark is trying out the early version of Extremis suit
- Mandarin reveals himself and narrates
- Stark's house gets blown up with him and Pepper inside(you see them litterally being blown away by explosion)
- Stark survives with suit but gets dragged down the ocean, Pepper's fate is unknown.
- We see all previous Tony suits explode
- We see some of Tony's suits attacking Tony
- We see Pepper screaming in pain , strapped down
- Iron Patriot suit landing in official ceremony.
- Tony, alone, walks through freezing blizzard.