Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Are they going the POTC route with mermaids? Seductive sirens with fangs, that was awesome and made the fourth movie almost bearable, but the mermaids in PP were evil in the first place, or rather just mean.

Posted at

DUnno, never watched the fourth movie since it had nothng tha twould interest me.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
The mermaids had fangs and ate the sailors basically, after luring them off the boats with singing
Posted at

The mermaids had fangs and ate the sailors basically, after luring them off the boats with singing

although they added a bit of sirens iwth that bit, its quite accurate.

The mythological mermaids did not "lure men"(that would  be sirens), but instead would distract sailors with their voices(and their appearances), causing the ships to crash and drowning the survivors by dragging them down to the depths. Other tales have mermen/mermaids dragging the unaware humans, who were walking down the shore, to their deaths

Finnish/norse mermaids/mermen were tricksters who would offer deals, brew potions, lift and place curses, etc and in most of Finnish mythos, mermaids/mermen are neutral chaotic figures who offer some kind of a deal, with certain conditions to not be broken, which, if broken, can cause destruction of whole cities, as repercussion. AT the same time, they are also known to warn sailors of storms and dangers, protecting their ships, foretelling the future to them and warning them of impending deaths.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Well they're casting Eric but I still think Hook may have history with Ariel 

Posted at

At best they interacted, but I doubt they did romantically.

he was far too obsessed with Milla for that. 

Posted at

Eric:

Posted at

Cheshire Cat is voiced by freaking KEITH DAVID. 

nerdgasm.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

Omg,Eric looks better here than in the pics i found lol...Kinda hot rly.I saw some people speculate that Ariel is Belle's mother or something WTF.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Dude that's hilarious, you must be shitting me 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.