Alex Karev Quotes
Jackson: Nice face.
Alex: At least I can do surgery. How's that hand?
Jackson: It'd be better if you hadn't run your face into it.
- Permalink: Nice face. At least I can do surgery. How's that hand? It'd...
What happens in Vegas, ya know?
- Permalink: What happens in Vegas, ya know?
Pediatric surgery has nothing to do with liking kids. You go into peds because it's elite. The best of the best.
- Permalink: Pediatric surgery has nothing to do with liking kids. You go int...
Lily, I told you already - turn it down or put on your head phones. The rest of us don't have Bieber fever - whatever that is.
- Permalink: Lily, I told you already - turn it down or put on your head phon...
You want your kid to be a man? Let him make his own decisions.
- Permalink: You want your kid to be a man? Let him make his own decisions.
Men don't discriminate when it comes to jugs. You have hot boobs and I stare at them too.
- Permalink: Men don't discriminate when it comes to jugs. You have hot boobs...
Jake: What would you do?
Alex: If it was my arm and I couldn't operate anymore, I'd do everything I could to keep it.
- Permalink: What would you do? If it was my arm and I couldn't operate any...
(to Jackson) You've just been called a dumb blonde.
- Permalink: You've just been called a dumb blonde.
Meredith: I thought you were in surgery.
Alex: It got pulled though. Is Lexie okay?
Meredith: Why don't you ask her yourself.
Alex: She doesn't need me talking to her.
Meredith: Well, you're the one who ended it.
Alex: It ended the way it always ends. I get close to a chick and the chick goes crazy. Rebecca, then Izzie, my mom. The lightening rod's less crap.
Meredith: You're not that special. Lexie's not crazy. Sure a crazy thing happened to her, but her reaction was pretty normal and Izzie had brain cancer. Rebecca, she was crazy, but that was the facial reconstruction drama. You're not a lightening rod Alex, you're just a guy that's been through a lot of crap. (Looks at Alex's bullet) Wish I had a scalpel.
- Permalink: I thought you were in surgery. It got pulled though. Is Lexie...
Bailey: It must hurt, does it hurt?
Bailey: Does it hurt when I do this?
Alex: Ow! Damn!
Bailey: It is not fine. It is foreign and it has no business being in your body. Get it out Karev. Or I will see that you do not operate until you are operated on.
- Permalink: It must hurt, does it hurt? Nope. Does it hurt when I do th...
Alex: You look hot. The whole crazy eyes, tight dress thing is working for you for whatever it's for.
Lexie: You think that you're so bad ass because you lived, but I'm the reason why you lived. And while you were dying you were crying out for the wife who left you. So that's the opposite of bad ass for whatever it's worth.
- Permalink: You look hot. The whole crazy eyes, tight dress thing is working...
Dr. Perkins: Why did you walk away?
Alex: Look life is too short. I almost died trying to stop that guy. Besides, you know how much tail you get offered when you're carrying a bullet in your chest. It's like I'm a legend.
Dr. Perkins: Are you always this crass or is that a defense mechanism?
Alex: I've had too much crazy for one lifetime.
- Permalink: Why did you walk away? Look life is too short. I almost died t...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...