Callie Torres Quotes
Sloan: A baby?
Callie: Growing like a weed in my uterus.
Sloan: Not like a weed... like a mighty oak.
- Permalink: A baby? Growing like a weed in my uterus. Not like a weed......
Words, make words.
- Permalink: Words, make words.
I didn't plan this, ok? I didn't plan any of this, but there's a mighty oak or whatever showing up in our lives in about seven months, so now I have to plan, and I don't know how long I can wait for you to process, but I want you in my plan. I want you to be a part of my plan.
- Permalink: I didn't plan this, ok? I didn't plan any of this, but there's a...
Callie: You can be the cool uncle that hangs out on Sundays.
Mark: I'm not the cool uncle. I'm the dad.
- Permalink: You can be the cool uncle that hangs out on Sundays. I'm not t...
So tell her. Do not wait until this kid comes out looking all Sloan-y.
- Permalink: So tell her. Do not wait until this kid comes out looking all Sl...
(pointing to Arizona and Mark) Lesbian lover. Baby daddy.
- Permalink: Lesbian lover. Baby daddy.
I am a hormone casserole. My body is not my own, and something feels wrong.
- Permalink: I am a hormone casserole. My body is not my own, and something f...
Callie: You want a second chance?
Arizona: Yes. I'll do anything.
Callie: Today I found out that I'm pregnant. With Mark's baby. How about now.
- Permalink: You want a second chance? Yes. I'll do anything. Today I fou...
Things don't go the way you want them to. Ever.
- Permalink: Things don't go the way you want them to. Ever.
Arizona: Ok, I know I'm not perfect, and I know sometimes I don't listen, and I'm sorry about that, so here I am ready to listen.
Callie: Um, ready to listen.
Arizona: Like a priest at confession.
- Permalink: Ok, I know I'm not perfect, and I know sometimes I don't listen,...
My lack of interest in seeing you is not a strategy. I'm not playing hard to get. I don't want to see you because I turned my life upside down for you and you walked away because for a week I was cranky. You're untrustworthy, so I don't want to see you. You're self-centered, so I don't want to see you. I am a hundred percent certain that if I let you back in my life again you will hurt me again, so I don't want to see you. This isn't a ploy. I'm not pouting. I don't want you in my life. Get your crap out of my apartment.
- Permalink: My lack of interest in seeing you is not a strategy. I'm not pl...
Really, please, go back to Malawi.
- Permalink: Really, please, go back to Malawi.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...