Claudia Joy Holden Quotes
Denise: I should have never let him re-enlist.
Claudia Joy: It's what he wanted.
Denise: If I'd said no, he'd still be alive.
Claudia Joy: Denise, you can't look at it that way...
Denise: I'm his mother. He put his life in my hands.
- Permalink: I should have never let him re-enlist. It's what he wanted. ...
Claudia Joy: Mr. Chandler, for the last two days you've been rude, demanding and unreasonable. Now, I can handle that up to a point. What I can't handle, is being lied to.
Mr. Chandler: I don't know what you're talking about.
Claudia Joy: I saw you this afternoon. You didn't go to Judge Warner's courtroom. You were with some woman, fighting on Chalmers. Your personal life is your business, but when your private affairs force me to lie to a judge, you've crossed the line. I appreciate what you've taught me in class, and I appreciate the opportunity you've given me here but, clearly this is a mistake and I feel like I have to resign.
- Permalink: Mr. Chandler, for the last two days you've been rude, demanding ...
Michael: Should we be insulted that she's so happy to leave home?
Claudia Joy: Michael, it's the natural order of things for kids to want to be as far away from their parents as possible.
- Permalink: Should we be insulted that she's so happy to leave home? Micha...
Denise: Are you ready?
Claudia Joy: No. You?
Denise: Oh God, no.
Claudia Joy: It's gonna be a hell of a year.
- Permalink: Are you ready? No. You? Oh God, no. It's gonna be a hell o...
I love being an Army wife.
- Permalink: I love being an Army wife.
I know you don't have children. But you should really watch those wildlife documentaries about what happens when you try to come between a mother and her child. It doesn't end well
- Permalink: I know you don't have children. But you should really watch thos...
Forgiveness is the first step.
- Permalink: Forgiveness is the first step.
Pamela: Hey, you guys, Claudia Joy is doing okay, huh? You've gotta admire how she's been handling things, especially with Mrs. Lenore Baker trying to take her down like that.
Roxy: Do you really think she would use what happened against Claudia Joy like that?
Pamela: That's how it works around here sometimes.
Roxy: Well, what do we do?
Denise: We stick together. We support Claudia Joy, no matter what.
Roxy: We deep fry Lenore Baker and serve her up with a side of hush puppies!
- Permalink: Hey, you guys, Claudia Joy is doing okay, huh? You've gotta admi...
Claudia Joy: I'm impressed.
Pamela: I'm jealous.
Denise: I'm speechless.
Roland: I'm not here. Please leave a message.
- Permalink: I'm impressed. I'm jealous. I'm speechless. I'm not here. ...
Claudia Joy: Why did you go into that bar, Amanda?
Amanda: For you, Mom.
- Permalink: Why did you go into that bar, Amanda? For you, Mom.
Claudia Joy: (to Betty) When is your surgery?
Roxy: She's not having it.
Claudia Joy: Why not?
Roxy: She's short three grand. I keep telling her to sell the Hump Bar, but she won't.
Betty: This place has been truer to me than any man I've ever been with, Roxy. I can't sell it. It's better we just go out together.
Claudia Joy: There has to be something we can do.
Betty: Forget it. I mean, who needs surgery? It's like putting lipstick on a pig.
- Permalink: (to Betty) When is your surgery? She's not having it. Why n...
Claudia Joy: UVA doesn't know how lucky they are.
Claudia Joy: Why? Because they're getting the best Political Science major they'll ever have.
Amanda: Mom, don't exaggerate.
Claudia Joy: I'm not. I'm serious. I can see the woman you're going to be. You haven't caught sight of her yet, but she's just around the corner. And I'm damn glad that test was negative.
- Permalink: UVA doesn't know how lucky they are. Why? Why? Because they...
Give me everything you've got, baby doll, or you're gonna be looking at me from the floor.Roxy
- Permalink: Give me everything you've got, baby doll, or you're gonna be lo...
Michael Holden: Claudia Joy Holden, after 17 years of marriage my heart still skips a beat every time I look at you.
Claudia Joy Holden: Michael James Holden, after 17 years of marriage I can't believe that tired old line of yours still works.
- Permalink: Claudia Joy Holden, after 17 years of marriage my heart still s...