Jon Snow Quotes
Mance: One of our giants went into your tunnel and never came out again. Mag the Mighty.
Jon: He's dead. He killed my friend Grenn.
Mance: He was their king. Last of a bloodline that stretches back before the first men.
Jon: Grenn came from a farm.
Mance: Mac and Grenn.
Jon: Grenn and Mac.
- Permalink: Grenn and Mac.
For a little while, you're more than just you.
- Permalink: For a little while, you're more than just you.
If we die we'll die, but first we'll live.Ygritte
- Permalink: If we die we'll die, but first we'll live.
Ygritte: Is that a palace?
Jon Snow: It's a windmill.
- Permalink: Is that a palace? It's a windmill. Windmill...
Jon Snow: We shouldn't.
Ygritte: We should.
- Permalink: We shouldn't. We should.
What happens to your eagle after I kill you? Does he drift away like a kite that's had its string cut?
- Permalink: What happens to your eagle after I kill you? Does he drift away ...
Maester Aemon: If the day should ever come when your Lord father had to choose between honor on the one hand and his family on the other, what would he do?
Jon: He would do whatever is right no matter what.
Maester Aemon: Then Lord Stark is one man in 10,000. Most are not so strong.
- Permalink: If the day should ever come when your Lord father had to choose ...
Samwell: Now listen to me. The old man is the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. You'll be with him day and night. Yes you'll clean his clothes, but you'll also take his letters, attend him at meetings, squire for him in battle, you'll know everything, be part of everything. And he asked for you himself. He wants to groom you for command.
Jon: I just, I always wanted to be a ranger.
Samwell: I always wanted to be a wizard.
- Permalink: Now listen to me. The old man is the Lord Commander of the Night...
Tyrion: A bastard boy with nothing to inherit, off to join the ancient order of the Night's Watch. Alongside his valiant brothers in arms.
Jon: The Night's Watch protects the realm from..
Tyrion: Ah, ah, yes, yes,against grumpkins and snarks and all the
other monsters your wet nurse warned you about. You're a smart boy, you don't believe that nonsense.
- Permalink: A bastard boy with nothing to inherit, off to join the ancient o...
Tyrion: Ah...rapers. They were given a choice, no doubt. Castration or the Wall. Most choose the knife. Not impressed by your new brothers? Lovely thing about the Watch. You discard your old family and get a whole new one.
Jon: Why do you read so much?
Tyrion: Look at me and tell me what you see.
Jon: Is this a trick?
Tyrion: What you see is a dwarf. If I had been born a peasant, they might have left me out in the woods to die. Alas, I was born a Lannister of Casterly Rock. Things are expected of me. My father was the Hand of the King for 20 years.
Jon: Until your brother killed that King.
Tyrion: Yes, until my brother killed him. Life is full of these little ironies. My sister married the new King, and my repulsive nephew will be king after him. I must do my part for the honor of my house, wouldn't you agree? But how? Well, my brother has a sword, and I have my mind. And a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone. That's why I read so much, Jon Snow.
- Permalink: Ah...rapers. They were given a choice, no doubt. Castration or t...
Tyrion: Your uncle's in the Night's Watch.
Jon: What cha doing back there?
Tyrion: Preparing for a night with your family. I've always wanted to see the Wall.
Jon: You're Tyrion Lannister. The Queen's brother.
Tyrion: My greatest accomplishment. And you, you're Ned Stark's bastard, aren't you? Did I offend you? Sorry. You are the bastard, no?
- Permalink: Your uncle's in the Night's Watch. What cha doing back there? ...
Everyone knew what this place was, and no one told me. No one but you. My father knew, and left me to rot at the Wall, all the same.
- Permalink: Everyone knew what this place was, and no one told me. No one bu...