Leslie Knope Quotes
Joe: Hey, Knope. How's life in the Parks De-Fartment?
Leslie: Better than life in the Sewage De-Fartment. Which makes more sense.
- Permalink: Hey, Knope. How's life in the Parks De-Fartment? Better than l...
Leslie: I've seen you sketch things.
Mark: Uh, yeah. Like poles for stop signs.
Leslie: That everybody stops and looks at.
Mark: By law, Leslie. They're required to.
- Permalink: I've seen you sketch things. Uh, yeah. Like poles for stop sig...
Leslie: Ann's in trouble. We think it might be pills.
Leslie: No. That's a lie. But this is just as important. We need you to look at a piece of art.
- Permalink: Ann's in trouble. We think it might be pills. What? No. That...
Leslie: Can we all agree on eliminating any of these designs.
April: Ann's blows.
Ann: Wow, don't hold back.
April: No offense but it's a giant picture of a park. That's not art.
Ann: Well, at least it's not a fat human hamster eating meat.
April: You don't even work here.
Leslie: OK, guys you both have a point. Ann, yours was a little trite. And April, yours was hellish, and might make someone vomit.
April: Thank you.
- Permalink: Can we all agree on eliminating any of these designs. Ann's bl...
Leslie: People love voting for tragedy. Look at the Oscars! This is our Holocaust movie. This is our English Patient.
Ann: Sounds like you're exploiting the tragedy.
Leslie: See, Ann gets it.
- Permalink: People love voting for tragedy. Look at the Oscars! This is our ...
We lost a lot of good bread that day, as well as several human lives. And it also made the whole town smell like toast, which one resident described as quote, "disturbingly enticing."
- Permalink: We lost a lot of good bread that day, as well as several human l...
If we're going to beat all the other departments, we have to choose something that will stand the test of time. Like the Mona Lisa, or the music of Squeeze.
- Permalink: If we're going to beat all the other departments, we have to cho...
April: So this is a multimedia project. First, a bunch of rats made out of garbage. And um, this is a TV screen that'll be like a big flat screen TV and it'll play looped video of knee surgeries. And then, this is a human-size hamster wheel that will be next to the mural, if we can get one. And it'll be spinning and there will be like a fat guy in it all the time like screaming and like eating raw beef and like bleeding and like blood will come out of his mouth and stuff. And um, it'll be like right next to, the mural.
Leslie: I have one question. Why?
April: If you have to ask, you don't get it.
- Permalink: So this is a multimedia project. First, a bunch of rats made out...
Donna: OK, so, here's where it gets a little dicey 'cause there's not that many celebrities from Indiana. So, um, a Nascar. Uh, my friend Becky, Ron Swanson...
Leslie: Donna, who's the Jesus?
Donna: That would be Greg Kinnear.
Leslie: Do you think he's the best choice for Jesus? I mean he was great on ER.
Tom: Greg Kinnear wasn't in ER.
Leslie: Yeah he was.
Ann: I don't think that he was.
Leslie: Who am I thinking of?
- Permalink: OK, so, here's where it gets a little dicey 'cause there's not t...