Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
The important thing is that you believe me when I tell you I don't want your father's legacy to die. I'm trying to save what's left of it.
- Permalink: The important thing is that you believe me when I tell you I don...
Serena: So you sent Ben to prison so that I could go to Constance?
Lily: Well no! Of course not. But after I left the school alerted the authorities and then, I didn't know what I had set in motion until I was contacted by the D.A. and by then it was too late.
Serena: What? Too late to tell the truth? So you just destroy a man's life all so that you can keep up appearances?
- Permalink: So you sent Ben to prison so that I could go to Constance? Wel...
Eric, somewhere between a Marlins jersey and the absolute truth lies the better part of decorum.
- Permalink: Eric, somewhere between a Marlins jersey and the absolute truth ...
Dan: You committed her because you don't want to deal with her. You don't even want to talk to her. Why?
Lily: Well maybe I'm afraid of what she might say. Maybe... what she did was a cry for help and I'm the only one that didn't hear it.
Dan: Well I... I don't know. But if that is the case you should know, and if it's not then we really should find out what happened. But regardless the only way to find out is to sit and talk.
- Permalink: You committed her because you don't want to deal with her. You d...
Dan: With all due respect, maybe I am only seeing the good in Serena, but I'm at least I'm looking at her and not at myself.
Lily: What is that supposed to mean?
- Permalink: With all due respect, maybe I am only seeing the good in Serena,...
Lily: Oh! Blair, Dorota. What are you doing here?
Blair: Just bringing a little tradition. I'm spending the holidays with Daddy and Roman in Paris. I figured since we usually spend this day together that, you know, um... Is Serena here?
We thought she was with you.
Blair: No, I haven't seen her since Chuck's party. She never came home.
Eric: Okay, alright. Now I'm worried.
Chuck: She's not at The Empire.
Lily: Well then where the hell is she?
- Permalink: Oh! Blair, Dorota. What are you doing here? Just bringing a li...
Lily: Dean Reuther, I'm sorry you have to disrupt your day with such trivial matters.
Dean Reuther: It's hardly trivial, Mrs. Humphrey. I'm sure you saw the wall of paparazzi at the campus gates.
Lily: Well I assure you none of us is interested in this kind of media attention. I hope you'll let our family make it up to you with an endowment. Maybe you could use it to build a moat around the school â€” keep out the press.
- Permalink: Dean Reuther, I'm sorry you have to disrupt your day with such t...
[to Rufus] I know you think you're rock and roll, but you are wearing a two thousand dollar jacket.
- Permalink: I know you think you're rock and roll, but you are wearing a two...
We all know you would have moved on to something more your speed eventually. A pretty girl like you can get the attention of a man without an education, so why bother?
- Permalink: We all know you would have moved on to something more your speed...
I love you Charles. And if Eva is everything you say she is, I think she will too.
- Permalink: I love you Charles. And if Eva is everything you say she is, I t...
Juliet: Whatever twisted frenemy-slash-ex-boyfriend situation you have going on, Serena, it has nothing to do with me. I told you that the alumni committee makes the decisionsâ€”
Serena: You seriously thought we wouldn't know anyone on the committee?
Juliet: You can't. That's the secret part of a secret committee.
Lily: Unless the keymaster misbehaves. Half of the board members of Bass Industries are alumni. One phonecall confirmed the obvious. That Serena has always been at the top of the list. Congratulations darling. to Juliet: Key please.
- Permalink: Whatever twisted frenemy-slash-ex-boyfriend situation you have g...
Chuck: I'm sorry for what happened with Jenny. She was in a bad place; I could have helped her, instead I just used her pain for my own self-destruction.
Lily: Thank you for the apology. And welcome home. Please don't disappear again.
Chuck: I don't intend to. I just hope everyone's as relieved to see me as you are.
Lily: Well let's not ask for too much right off the bat, shall we?
- Permalink: I'm sorry for what happened with Jenny. She was in a bad place; ...