Lily van der Woodsen Quotes
Lily: What are you doing? Do you realize how gauche it is to open gifts at a party? Before dessert!
Eric: I was just so excited to have an addition to my stock portfolio.
- Permalink: What are you doing? Do you realize how gauche it is to open gift...
Chuck: The slap was a nice touch. Oscar-worthy.
Lily: Yes, well it was surprisingly satisfying.
Chuck: Lily, once again, I'm sorry. I feel like a fool for ever believing Russell over you.
Lily: Well let's just hope it's not long before he's the one feeling foolish.
- Permalink: The slap was a nice touch. Oscar-worthy. Yes, well it was surp...
- Permalink: Goodbye Charles.
Lily: I don't care what Russell was doing behind the scenes. That's no excuse for the things you said to me.
Chuck: I can't believe you're on his side. This guy's trying to destroy our company.
Lily: Your company. You had me fired. I'm done trying to protect the Bass legacy. Russell will make a marvelous owner.
Chuck: What is it with this guy? Do you still have feelings for him?
Lily: Please, I'm a married woman.
Chuck: Didn't stop you from cheating on my father. I'm sure you'd do the same to Rufus.
- Permalink: I don't care what Russell was doing behind the scenes. That's no...
Eric: I wished for chills on my birthday but not thanks to the flu. Well, looks like I'll be ushering in adulthood with warm tea and flat ginger ale.
Lily: We'll have to celebrate another time. Ugh, I need to get to this meeting. Get some rest, okay? And I'll call everyone when I get home and cancel the party.
- Permalink: I wished for chills on my birthday but not thanks to the flu. We...
Chuck: We both know you're a socialite, not a businesswoman. You traded musicians for titans of industry. Upgraded from a tour bus to a corporate jet. I'm sorry, but I had to.
Lily: I've done nothing but tried to salvage that company for you. I stepped in so Jack wouldn't take it away. And every day since I have fought for your future. If we had stuck together on this, we would have won.
Chuck: It looks like I did anyway.
Lily: No you haven't, Charles, you've lost. And I'm not talking about Thorpe.
- Permalink: We both know you're a socialite, not a businesswoman. You traded...
Lily: I just got off the phone with Pete Holmberg. There was an emergency meeting of the Bass board. I'm being accused of an ethics violation and conflict-of-interest.
Rufus: Stand up for yourself. Don't let Thorpe get away with that.
Lily: It wasn't Thorpe, it was Charles.
- Permalink: I just got off the phone with Pete Holmberg. There was an emerge...
Lily: Well, I hope hosting this brunch proves to you once and for all I have the company's best interests at heart.
Chuck: And also elegantly forces the enemy to come to you.
Lily: Yes. Sun-Tzu is right beside Emily Post on my bookshelf.
- Permalink: Well, I hope hosting this brunch proves to you once and for all ...
Rufus: You said you were going to help find Ben an apartment, not pay him to disappear.
Eric: Mom paid someone off again. Well we should make this a drinking game.
Lily: Ben Donovan has information that can ruin this family. What's wrong with not wanting him around?
- Permalink: You said you were going to help find Ben an apartment, not pay h...