Meredith Grey Quotes
DEREK: "This is..."
MEREDITH: "... Humiliating. On so many levels. You have to go."
DEREK: "Why donâ€™t you just come back down here and weâ€™ll pick up where we left off?"
- Permalink: This is... ... Humiliating. On so many levels. You have to go...
[narrating] "Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass. And when the dam bursts, all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired, we are scared, and denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world, head on, guns blazing... Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt. It's a freakin' ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?"
- Permalink: Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in th...
ADDISON: [interrupts Meredith and Derek kissing] "Well, isn't this cozy? Can I join in, or are you not in to threesomes?"
MEREDITH: "I have to go."
- Permalink: Well, isn't this cozy? Can I join in, or are you not in to thr...
[narrating] "The key to surviving a surgical internship is denial. We deny we're tired, we deny that we're scared, we deny how badly we want to succeed. And most importantly, we deny that we're in denial. We only see what we want to see and believe what we want to believe, and it works. We lie to ourselves so much that after a while the lies start to seem like the truth. We deny so much that we can't recognize the truth... right in front of our faces."
- Permalink: The key to surviving a surgical internship is denial. We deny ...
[narrating] "Mrs. Snyder explained to me that when fate comes into play, choice sometimes goes out the window. Maybe Romeo and Juliet were fated to be together, but just for a while, and then their time passed. If they could have known that beforehand, maybe it all would have been okay. I told Mrs. Snyder that when I was grown up, I'd take fate into my own hands. I wouldn't let some guy drag me down. Mrs. Snyder said that I'd be lucky if I ever had that kind of passion with someone, and if I did, we'd be together forever. Even now, I believe that for the most part, love is about choices. It's about putting down the poison and the dagger and making your own happy ending... most of the time. And sometimes, despite all your best intentions, fate wins anyway."
- Permalink: Mrs. Snyder explained to me that when fate comes into play, ch...
MEREDITH: "I miss you."
DEREK: [pauses, whispers] "I can't."
- Permalink: I miss you. I can't.
"I think you can't wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life... I think you have to save yourself."
- Permalink: I think you can't wait for someone to fly underneath you and sa...
"If it were me, I wouldn't even have the test. I mean, what's the point? We're all gonna die anyway, right?"
- Permalink: If it were me, I wouldn't even have the test. I mean, what's th...
CRISTINA: "I've already spent an hour picking bird parts out of this guy. I'm over it."
GEORGE: "Carpe diem."
MEREDITH: "Right, you and my forehead. I'm beginning to look how I feel. Carpe that."
GEORGE: "This is the luckiest day in the world!"
CRISTINA: "Tell that to the bird."
- Permalink: I've already spent an hour picking bird parts out of this guy. ...