Meredith Grey Quotes
I can't see.
- Permalink: I can't see.
Alex: Can you even see me?
Meredith: Yeah, and you look like a real moron. I need a real eye doctor.
- Permalink: Can you even see me? Yeah, and you look like a real moron. I...
I'm taking baby drugs to make my uterus less hostile...
- Permalink: I'm taking baby drugs to make my uterus less hostile...
You are always drumming up reasons to talk to that hot OB.
- Permalink: You are always drumming up reasons to talk to that hot OB.
Everyone figures doctors are the most responsible people they know. They hold lives in their hands. They're not flakes. They don't lose track of important details or make stunningly bad judgment calls. 'Cause that would be bad, right?
- Permalink: Everyone figures doctors are the most responsible people they kn...
We are responsible with our patients. The problem is we blow it all out at work. In our own lives, we can't think things through. We don't make the sound choice. We did that all day at the hospital. When it comes to ourselves, we've got nothing left. And is it worth itâ€”being responsible? Because if take your vitamins and pay your taxes and never cut the line, the universe still gives you people to love and then lets them slip through your fingers like water, and what've you got? Vitamins and nothing.
- Permalink: We are responsible with our patients. The problem is we blow it...
Did he just bench me?
- Permalink: Did he just bench me?
How much can you actually accomplish in an hour? Run an errand maybe, sit in traffic, get an oil change. When you think about it an hour isn't very long. Sixty minutes. Thirty-six hundred seconds. That's it. In medicine, though, an hour is often everything. We call it the golden hour. That magical window of time that can determine whether a patient lives or dies.
- Permalink: How much can you actually accomplish in an hour? Run an errand ...
My boobs, they are huge. Am I supposed to like big boobs?
- Permalink: My boobs, they are huge. Am I supposed to like big boobs?
Meredith: You don't want to be Callie's baby's godmother.
Cristina: I don't?
Meredith: No, I mean think of how many people have to die before you even get to step up. Mark, Callie, and Arizona. That's a lot of people.
- Permalink: You don't want to be Callie's baby's godmother. I don't? N...
Whereas if you're my baby's godmother-in-waiting. It's only me and Derek. One wrong turn down a dark, twisty road. Boom, you're in.
- Permalink: Whereas if you're my baby's godmother-in-waiting. It's only me ...
This future imaginary baby of ours better be worth it.
- Permalink: This future imaginary baby of ours better be worth it.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...