Miranda Bailey Quotes
Judge: Applicants Grey and Shepherd...
Derek: That'd be us.
Judge: I need to see some ID. OK, this seems to be in order, I'll jump right in. We are here today to participate in a marital union...
Bailey: To celebrate love and happiness and loyalty, and in my opinion, a little bit of magic.
Judge: In the form and regulations of the state of Washington,
Bailey: To bring together two exceptional and beautiful human beings
Judge: Since it is your intention to enter into marriage, join hands, and repeat after me. I, Derek Shepherd...
Derek: I, Derek Shepherd
Arizona: I take you, Calliope Torres to be my wife.
Meredith: For better or for worse in good times and in bad
Callie: I choose you to be the one whom I spend my life
Arizona: I love you.
Callie: I love you.
- Permalink: Applicants Grey and Shepherd... That'd be us. I need to see ...
Bailey: Who gives this bride to this bride?
Mark: That'd be me.
- Permalink: Who gives this bride to this bride? That'd be me.
OK, first of all, you do not need the law or a priest or your mother to make your wedding real. And the church can be anywhere you want it to be - In a field, on a mountain, right here in this room, anywhere because where do you think god is? Come on, He's in you. He's in me. Just right here, in the middle of us. Your church just hasn't caught up to God yet. Your mother, she hasn't caught up to God yet. And, by the way, she may not ever catch up, but it's OK. It's okay. If you are willing to stand up in front of your friends, family, and God, and commit yourself to another human being to give yourself in that kind of partnership for better or worse in sickness and in health. Hunny, that is a marriage. That is real, and that's all that matters. Besides, I got legally married in a church. Look how well that turned out.
- Permalink: OK, first of all, you do not need the law or a priest or your mo...
You realize your door is unlocked? I could be anyone. I could be a burglar coming to burglar you. Where's the baby? Oh, I could be a baby-knapper trying to baby-knap you.
- Permalink: You realize your door is unlocked? I could be anyone. I could be...
I was just coming to tell you to go home. Don't drop that baby.
- Permalink: I was just coming to tell you to go home. Don't drop that baby.
You're right. You are absolutely right. Cars are not safe for children. Ok, neither are bookcases or squirrels, strong winds, people who sneeze. They're all going to get your baby. But honey you don't feel this was because you were in an accident. You feel this way because you are a parent.
- Permalink: You're right. You are absolutely right. Cars are not safe for ...
Bailey: Stalking a man while he's in the restroom.
Avery: I'd clean the restroom if he'd let me on his trial.
Cristina: I'd live in it.
- Permalink: Stalking a man while he's in the restroom. I'd clean the rest...
I'm taking a nap. Uh, I'm sorry. What I mean to say is that I'm going to use this room to take a nap. Because that's what people do in these rooms when they're tired. Cause I have a child and a full-time job and work long hours, so I'm just tired. Just very, very tired.
- Permalink: I'm taking a nap. Uh, I'm sorry. What I mean to say is that I'...
Eli: So when's your next break?
Bailey: Ok, uh uh, no. This will never happen again-ever. Understood?
Eli: Sure. Until your next break.
- Permalink: So when's your next break? Ok, uh uh, no. This will never ha...
I need someone who speaks Grey.
- Permalink: I need someone who speaks Grey.
Ok, I'm not dating a nurse. We're not dating, but we're having fun. I look at him and he's pretty, but there's no future.Dr. Bailey
- Permalink: Ok, I'm not dating a nurse. We're not dating, but we're having ...
Dr. Bailey: I think you're dirty. That's what I think.
Eli: You want to be dirty with me?
- Permalink: I think you're dirty. That's what I think. You want to be di...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
When we say things like "people don't change" it drives scientist crazy because change is literally the only constant in all of science. Energy. Matter. It's always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It's the way people try not to change that's unnatural. The way we cling to what things were instead of letting things be what they are. The way we cling to old memories instead of forming new ones. The way we insist on believing despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again.Meredith
- Permalink: When we say things like people don't change it drives scientist ...