Michael watched as the brother he swore to stop helping enjoyed the girlfriend he helped him reunite with. And so, he returned to work, accepting the fact that he was a good guy. But not as good as everyone thought.
- Permalink: Michael watched as the brother he swore to stop helping enjoyed ...
Lindsay: No, Michael, I don't just sleep all day.
Narrator: Actually, Lindsay was so upset at Michael that she tried meditating to calm herself but ended up taking a two-hour angry nap.
- Permalink: No, Michael, I don't just sleep all day. Actually, Lindsay was...
Narrator: Maeby's parents didn't find the ticket. But Gob did...
Narrator: ...Which confirmed his suspicions.
Gob: Gonna live it up down old South America way, huh Mikey?
- Permalink: Maeby's parents didn't find the ticket. But Gob did... Portuga...
(referring to Michael) He was, however, getting along with his sister, which was unwelcome news to their mother who feared this unity might be used against her.
- Permalink: He was, however, getting along with his sister, which was unwelc...
Narrator: Wayne Jarvis had become famous after an employment discrimination suit against the family's current attorney, Barry Zuckerkorn.
James Alan Spangler: It'll be a long time before Barry Zuckerkorn calls anyone a "homo" again.
- Permalink: Wayne Jarvis had become famous after an employment discriminatio...
Kitty: Your wife's on line one.
Narrator: Michael's wife had been dead for two years.
Michael: My what?
Narrator: Kitty realized her mistake.
Kitty: I said, 'your wife is on line one.'
Narrator: But not immediately.
- Permalink: Your wife's on line one. Michael's wife had been dead for two ...
Lindsay: What car? I don't know what you're talking about.
Michael: Dad's car. The one you didn't tell me that you had, even though I had to ride my bicycle to work all week.
Lindsay: Oh, Dad's car. Well, obviously, I'm going to use it if it's an emergency.
Narrator: Lindsay had such an emergency three days earlier when her salon was able to squeeze her in at the last moment.
- Permalink: What car? I don't know what you're talking about. Dad's car. T...
Michael: Hey, I can't believe you. I asked you two weeks ago whether we should use Dad's car, and you said it would be bad form. Now, I hear you're driving it!
Gob: That is a lie. A bald-faced lie.
Narrator: Gob was lying. He had been driving his father's car.
- Permalink: Hey, I can't believe you. I asked you two weeks ago whether we s...
Gob: All right, take this lock-pick, break into the permit office for me.
George Michael: I think I'd better check with my dad first.
Maeby: You're going to break into a permit office? Sweet. Can I come?
Narrator: And George Michael saw a chance to get closer to Maeby.
George Michael: You know, my dad hates to micromanage. Let's just do this.
- Permalink: All right, take this lock-pick, break into the permit office for...