Chuck, I killed your father.
- Permalink: Chuck, I killed your father.
We're not lost. We're following the yellow thick hose.
- Permalink: We're not lost. We're following the yellow thick hose.
I've had girlfriends but they were always extraneous factors.
- Permalink: I've had girlfriends but they were always extraneous factors.
Chuck: Oh! Then I’ll be polite and say, "Oh, I’m sorry I forgot my purse and I’ve got no pockets".
Emerson: Uh huh… well, hey somebody see, now I’m gonna need to see some ID on the count that you look just like that dead girl that got herself killed on that tropical cruise.
Ned: Okay, if that happens I'll say something like "What is this? A police state?" (pause) If I ever say that it means I'm having a panic attack.
- Permalink: Oh! Then I’ll be polite and say, Oh, I’m sorry I forgot my purs...
Chuck: Four wives? That's just greedy!
Olive: And intriguing.
Emerson: Some people like vanilla, some like chocolate, others like their Neapolitan.
Ned: I like Neapolitan.
Emerson: Then you'd do well as a polygamist: one woman to have, one woman to hold.
Ned: Why? Why would you do that? For the record I'd make a horrible polygamist. I'm easily distracted, I wouldn't know where to focus..
- Permalink: Four wives? That's just greedy! And intriguing. Some people...
Ned: The only reason I didn't tell you is because it didn't mean anything. Lots of stuff happens in the course of a day that I don't bother sharing. For instance, yesterday's four-berry pie was actually three and a half because I ran out of cranberries. I didn't tell you that.
Chuck: Actually you did. You asked if orange counted as a berry and I said it didn't, but no one had to know but us.
Ned: I like that you said "us."
- Permalink: The only reason I didn't tell you is because it didn't mean any...
Ned: You're the only one for me.
Chuck: I know you feel that now, but there are things you want, there's things we both want.
Ned: So? Everyone wants stuff. We wake up everyday with a list of wishes a mile long and maybe we spend our lives trying to make those wishes come true, but just because we want them doesn't mean we need them to be happy.
Chuck: What do you need to be happy?
- Permalink: You're the only one for me. I know you feel that now, but the...
Ned: I had a sexy dream about Olive last night and I'm sure it was influenced by a reality-based kiss. By the road. You know...
Emerson: There is no way for this conversation to be anything but awkward for me.
- Permalink: I had a sexy dream about Olive last night and I'm sure it was i...
Ned and I have been together for a very long time. We’re intimate. But it’s the appropriate human-canine sort of intim
- Permalink: Ned and I have been together for a very long time. We’re intima...