Owen Hunt Quotes
Cristina: I don't want to be a mother.
Owen: Cristina, do you love me?
Cristina: Of course I do.
Owen: Do you trust me?
Owen: You'd be a great mother. I know you don't believe me, but it is true. Just sit with this for a little while - this terrible idea that you might love a baby, for me just...
Cristina: Did you hear me? Why would I do that?
Owen: Because you love me - that's why.
- Permalink: I don't want to be a mother. Cristina, do you love me? Of co...
I want them, and maybe you could, too. I believe your life could be bigger than you think it is. I know you can contain more than you think you can. I'm not saying we do this, I'm just saying we think. Let's see what kind of life we can imagine. Cristina Yang, I imagine such a huge life for us.
- Permalink: I want them, and maybe you could, too. I believe your life could...
It's what you are, just be excellent at what you are.
- Permalink: It's what you are, just be excellent at what you are.
Owen: I don't understand.
Cristina: It's two words - no sex.
Owen: I'm sure there should be more words.
Cristina: Look if you're going to choose chief resident, you have to be impartial.
Owen: Come on this - now?
Cristina: Sex with me, however hot and excellent, could cloud your judgment.
- Permalink: I don't understand. It's two words - no sex. I'm sure there ...
Owen: How'd she take it Karev?
Alex: Bitchy, cause she's a bitch.
- Permalink: How'd she take it Karev? Bitchy, cause she's a bitch.
Owen: It's a cute baby, right?
Cristina: Its small features and oversized thighs trigger a hormonal response from humans. It's autonomic. It's what keeps us from eating them.
- Permalink: It's a cute baby, right? Its small features and oversized t...
Cristina: It was hasty. I was a PTSD wastoid shivering on the coach. Maybe we didn't think this through.
Owen: Stop it. You don't get to pull that crap with me. We got married not because you're a basket case but because we loved each other and we wanted a life together.
- Permalink: It was hasty. I was a PTSD wastoid shivering on the coach. May...
You have an obligation to at least pretend that you care what the hell I want.
- Permalink: You have an obligation to at least pretend that you care what th...
Cristina: Meredith has two ground-breaking medical projects and I don't have any.
Owen: You have a husband that loves you.
Cristina: So does she.
Owen: Well, then I guess you're screwed.
- Permalink: Meredith has two ground-breaking medical projects and I don't ha...
Chief: I'm trying to look at Bailey's teets on the internet.
Owen: I think you mean tweets, Sir.
Chief: Uh, whatever.
Owen: Uh uh, not whatever. It's important you get that one right.
- Permalink: I'm trying to look at Bailey's teets on the internet. I think ...
You are fearless, and I don't mean that in a good way. Most people don't tell the guy with the gun to shoot them. Most people are like Cristina. Most people are afraid. So what she needs isn't what you need. She isn't you, Meredith.
- Permalink: You are fearless, and I don't mean that in a good way. Most peop...
Owen: Do you want to know what I think? I think you are reckless. I think you are reckless with your own life and today you were reckless with a patient's life. I don't care who you are. I don't want that in my OR, and I don't want that around my wife who is struggling just to hold on.
Meredith: Your wife is struggling just to hold on because you married her and let it be ok for her to completely fall apart.
- Permalink: Do you want to know what I think? I think you are reckless. I th...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...