Richard Gilmore Quotes
Richard: (about Trix's boyfriend) Do you really think he was wearing a track suit? Well, I wonder if he was wearing Nikes also.
Lorelai: 'Just do it' takes on a whole new meaning doesn't it?
- Permalink: Do you really think he was wearing a track suit? Well, I wonder ...
Emily: That's a camera?
Lorelai: That's a camera.
Richard: It looks like a toy.
- Permalink: That's a camera? That's a camera. It looks like a toy.
Richard: What makes you think you can get a young person to spend good money on something that they can get "for free", or at least at a lower cost?
Paris: Because I know one thing about the modern teenager.
Richard: And what is that?
Paris: That you can get them to buy anything as long as it comes in a leopard print.
Madeline: Very True.
- Permalink: What makes you think you can get a young person to spend good mo...
(Lorelai is sitting on the couch reading as Rory walks through the front door. The phone is ringing)
Rory: Mom! (answers the phone) Hello? (hangs up) That ringing is not in your head, you know.
Lorelai: Uh, you've gotta read this Motley Crue book. I swear, you get to the point where Ozzy Osbourne snorts a row of ants and you think, it cannot get any grosser, and then you turn the page and oh, hello, yes it can! It's excellent!
Rory: Why didn't you answer the phone?
Lorelai: Because I firmly believe that once you've experienced something five thousand times, you need to move on.
Rory: What are you talking about?
Lorelai: I knew who it was.
Rory: Who was it?
Lorelai: The same person who's called the machine so many times now that I actually heard it sigh.
Lorelai: Dean the determined.
Rory: Oh man.
(phone rings again)
Lorelai: Five bucks says I know who that is.
Rory: (answers the phone) Hello?
Richard: Rory, it's your grandfather.
Rory: Oh, hey Grandpa.
Lorelai: He did that on purpose.
- Permalink: Agh! Hey. Gah! Mom! Hello? That ringing is not in your h...
Emily: Richard, are you serious about this?
Richard: As a heart attack.
- Permalink: Richard, are you serious about this? As a heart attack.
Richard: How tall are you, anyway?
Dean: Why, you want to dance?
Richard: No, thank you. (thinks about it) But I appreciate the offer though.
- Permalink: How tall are you, anyway? Why, you want to dance? No, thank ...
I am an annoyance to my wife and a burden to my daughter. I suddenly know what it's like to be obsolete.
- Permalink: I am an annoyance to my wife and a burden to my daughter. I sudd...
Richard: I paid Yale a great deal of money. Getting Rory in would be a breeze.
Lorelai: We don't like breezes, they mess up our hair.
- Permalink: I paid Yale a great deal of money. Getting Rory in would be a br...
Richard: I always wake up at 5:30 in the morning.
Lorelai: Wow. Why?
Richard: Well, I've been doing it for as long as I remember.
Lorelai: Be bold, Dad. Wake up at quarter to six one day.
- Permalink: 30 in the morning. Wow. Why? Well, I've been doing it for as...
Lorelai: Yes, Dad?
Richard: May I speak to you for a moment?
Michel: (under his breath; in a sing-song voice) Someone is in trouble.
- Permalink: Lorelai? Yes, Dad? May I speak to you for a moment? So...
Richard: Who's going to help Rory get into Harvard?
Lorelai: Reese Witherspoon.
- Permalink: Who's going to help Rory get into Harvard? Reese Witherspoon.
(Lorelai rushes through the front door followed by Richard)
Lorelai: Rory, we're home!
Richard: Next time, stop the car completely before you get out.
Lorelai: Rory, for the love of God, be home!
Rory: I'm here, sorry! I was on the phone. How was your... (Lorelai wraps Rory in her arms and hugs her very tightly) Ooh, okay.
Lorelai: I don't think I've ever loved you quite as much as I love you right now.
Rory: Ah, ribs cracking, organs crushing.
Lorelai: Yeah, well, love hurts.
- Permalink: Rory, we're home! Next time, stop the car completely before y...
Lorelai: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow.
Rory: Ah, it's that time of year.
Lorelai: Can't you smell it?
Rory: You know, it's like dogs and high-pitched noises. I think it's something only you can smell.
(Rory sits down next to Lorelai and pulls a blanket over the both of them)
Lorelai: I love snow.
Rory: Really, I had no idea.
Lorelai: Everything's magical when it snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves, hats.
Rory: Thermal underwear, wool socks, ear flaps.
- Permalink: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow. Ah, it's tha...
I feel like crap on toast.Michel
- Permalink: I feel like crap on toast.