Rufus Humphrey Quotes
Rufus: Don't you have Blair's engagement toast? I know you both have your issues.
Serena: I can't force Blair to want me there.
Rufus: But, come on, it's Blair. She might have trouble saying it most of the time, she loves you as much as she loves anybody. Of course she wants you there.
- Permalink: Don't you have Blair's engagement toast? I know you both have yo...
Rufus: Hey. Your mom called and she was concerned that you were due for a refill on your medication, didn't get it.
Charlie: Shoot. I was so excited about going to the fundraiser tonight with Dan that I forgot to pick it up on my way home. I'll go right now.
Rufus: I already did. Ah, your mom told me that last time things went well you stopped taking it.
Charlie: And then they went from well to hell. Trust me, I never want that to happen again.
- Permalink: Hey. Your mom called and she was concerned that you were due for...
Dan: How'd it go with the band?
Rufus: You're looking at Panic's next producer.
Dan: What? That's great! What'd you do?
Rufus: I did what I should have done in the first place: talked about music.
- Permalink: How'd it go with the band? You're looking at Panic's next prod...
Dan: I take it lunch with the label went well.
Rufus: Yeah. They want me to have Panicâ€”the name of band, also what's gripping my insidesâ€”over for dinner tomorrow.
Eric: And you want to be the cool rocker guy.
Rufus: Come on, I was the cool rocker guy.
Eric: Yeah, but now the penthouse, the art, the millionairess wife under house arrest doesn't exactly scream street cred.
- Permalink: I take it lunch with the label went well. Yeah. They want me t...
Dan: Well hello Jeeves.
Rufus: We're watching Downton Abbey. Edwardian social dramas apparently require crumpets.
- Permalink: Well hello Jeeves. We're watching Downton Abbey. Edwardian soc...
Rufus: I want the party moved more than anyone, but it's not worth resorting to blackmail.
Serena: Yeah. You're probably right. So. Psycho or Silence of the Lambs?
Rufus: Alright, make the call.
- Permalink: I want the party moved more than anyone, but it's not worth reso...
Eric: Hey! Where are they going with those scones?
Rufus: My guess is Blaine Trump's. I think your mother may have underestimated the impact of her sentence on her social standing.
- Permalink: Hey! Where are they going with those scones? My guess is Blain...
Rufus: Speaking of fights, where do things stand with you and Vanessa? Have you guys talked?
Dan: Yes. Only to reiterate the fact that we have nothing to talk about.
Rufus: You know I was angry with Vanessa too. But you guys have been friends your whole lives. That's not something you give up without some thought.
- Permalink: Speaking of fights, where do things stand with you and Vanessa? ...
Rufus: Thanks for the movies. You want to come over later and join us for some screenings?
Dan: Um... you know what, I might have a thing.
Rufus: A thing? That's intriguingly vague. Another development in the complicated non-friends hang out situation?
Dan: No, that situation has figured itself out. It's official. We're, ah, we're just friends.
- Permalink: Thanks for the movies. You want to come over later and join us f...
Eric: Wait, no. The point was to do this for my mom.
Rufus: I think the point for Will is to always do something for himself.
- Permalink: Wait, no. The point was to do this for my mom. I think the poi...
Cece: Boys, William may have a solution.
Rufus: Imagine that.
- Permalink: Boys, William may have a solution. Imagine that.
Rufus: I suggest you leave. I'm not the only one who remembers why you were run out of town after your last visit.
Will: I appreciate your concern, Rufus. I tell you what, I'll let Cece explain everything. She's flying in as soon as she can.
Will: I don't think Lily quite realizes what she's in for. It's time to circle the wagons, Rufus. It's what we do best.
- Permalink: I suggest you leave. I'm not the only one who remembers why you ...
And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip GirlGossip Girl
- Permalink: And who am I ? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know y...
[to Jenny] That's the thing. You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you.Blair
- Permalink: You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. ...