Temperance Brennan Quotes
Brennan: We know each other. Becky, right? I'm- I'm Temperance.
Officer Conway: Have I arrested you before, hon?
Brennan: N- you were my lab partner in chemistry in Burtonsville High.
Officer Conway: Are you absolutely sure? I have an excellent memory.
Brennan: Positive. Though, you are thinner now which is better for your cardiovascular system. In high school you were quite overweight, hence the derision from the other students.
Officer Conway: Yeah, I remember you now. The creepy girl.
- Permalink: We know each other. Becky, right? I'm- I'm Temperance. Have I ...
Officer Conway: Brad was always the golden boy. He always, got what he wanted. Rumor is, his business isn't doing very good.
Brennan: Booth, you- you can't give this credence. It's gossip, which by definition it's a form of entertainment not information. And, her grammar is appalling.
Officer Conway: It is a miracle that you have any life whatsoever.
Brennan: You cheated off my test in chemistry.
Officer Conway (to Booth): I could supply you a little fun while you're here 'cause you're probably dying with this one.
- Permalink: Brad was always the golden boy. He always, got what he wanted. R...
Booth: You're a cold fish.
Brennan: You're a superstitious moron.
Booth: Get a soul.
Brennan: Get a brain.
- Permalink: You're a cold fish. You're a superstitious moron. Get a soul...
Brennan: Why did you feel you had to tell me that?
Booth: I don't know. I just feel like, um, this is goin' somewhere.
Brennan: Why did you feel like this is going somewhere?
Booth: I don't know. I just, I feel like I'm gonna kiss you.
- Permalink: Why did you feel you had to tell me that? I don't know. I just...
I am not a gambler. I'm a scientist. I can't change. I don't know how... I don't know how.
- Permalink: I am not a gambler. I'm a scientist. I can't change. I don't kno...
Booth: And life is good again.
Brennan: It is very good.
Booth: Yes, it is.
- Permalink: And life is good again. It is very good. Yes, it is.
Two plus two equals four. I put sugar in my coffee and it tastes sweet. The sun comes up because the world turns. These things are beautiful to me. There are mysteries I will never understand, but everywhere I look I see proof that for every effect there is a corresponding cause. Even if I can't see it. I find that reassuring.
- Permalink: Two plus two equals four. I put sugar in my coffee and it tastes...
Brennan: You have faith that you will retain your faith? Why?
Booth: Because, Bones. The sun will come up and tomorrow is a new day.
Brennan: I know that feeling.
Booth: You know what it feels like to get your faith back?
Brennan: When I see effects and I am unable to discern a cause, my faith in reason and consequences is shaken.
- Permalink: You have faith that you will retain your faith? Why? Because, ...
When Booth and I first met, I didn't believe that such a thing as love existed. I maintained that it was simply brain chemistry, but perhaps Booth is correct. Perhaps love comes first and creates the reaction. I have no tangible proof, but I'm willing to accept Booth's premise.
- Permalink: When Booth and I first met, I didn't believe that such a thing a...
Hodgins: Do you know what Vincent Nigel-Murray is? He's a genius.
Brennan: Yes, but so are we all. Except for Angela.
Angela: Oh, right, and yet who do you turn to when you need pretty pictures?
- Permalink: Do you know what Vincent Nigel-Murray is? He's a genius. Yes, ...
Angela: Four years ago Jared's girlfriend was a hooker?
Brennan: An escort. I believe in the hierarchy of prostitution, an escort ranks equal to high class call girl.
Angela: And now she teaches grade school?
Brennan: Mm-hmm. I don't see any other injuries that could be cause of death. Apparently the rule is, once a sex worker always a sex worker.
Angela: You know, it really would have been better if Booth never ran her record.
Brennan: He said it was my influence. That it was the rational thing to do.
Angela: No, sweetie, he's rationalizing. Which makes what he did irrational, because he's rationalizing that Jared can't make rational decisions for himself. You do the same thing all the time. Maybe that's what he learned from you.
- Permalink: Four years ago Jared's girlfriend was a hooker? An escort. I b...
Booth: You think your brother's girlfriend is hinky? Is that slang for pretty or buxom?
Brennan: No, it's just slang for iffy.
Booth: Well, iffy is already slang. I don't see the need for slang for slang.
- Permalink: You think your brother's girlfriend is hinky? Is that slang for ...