Temperance Brennan Quotes
The term garbage is relative. The only intrinsic value things have is what we give them. It seems odd now, but in Holland tulip bulbs were once as valuable as houses. Maybe we all overvalue things that are essentially worthless.
- Permalink: The term garbage is relative. The only intrinsic value things ha...
Booth: Hey, what's a year?
Brennan: It's the time it takes for the Earth to make a full revolution around the sun.
- Permalink: Hey, what's a year? It's the time it takes for the Earth to ma...
Brennan: We can come back, pick up where we left off. Nothing really has to change
Booth: No, things have to change. You know what? Hey, I taught you about eye contact, you taught me about evolution. So... here's to change.
Brennan: To change.
- Permalink: We can come back, pick up where we left off. Nothing really has ...
Booth: I don't do really good with change, I guess.
Brennan: Well, you're better than I am.
Booth: The pyramids are better at change than you are. ...It's a joke. Hey, I was being affectionate.
- Permalink: I don't do really good with change, I guess. Well, you're bett...
Angela: You're allowed to make life changes without picking a fight with your old life.
Bones: But I need a break from that life. I'm worried all the time. Worried that Booth might get hurt on a case, and I can't prevent it. Worried about what our partnership means.
Angela: So you want to get away from Booth?
Bones: No. It's just... I just need some perspective so that I can view my life with some objectivity.
- Permalink: You're allowed to make life changes without picking a fight with...
Brennan: I have the sense that everything's changing.
Booth: Not everything. Look, we're still partners, and Taffet, she's put away. You feel good about that, right?
Brennan: You almost died, Booth. That could happen again. What if next time I can't get to you?
Booth: That's not going to happen again.
Brennan: I envy your ability to substitute optimism for reality.
- Permalink: I have the sense that everything's changing. Not everything. L...
Sweets: So, I've been thinking about dead cats.
Bones: That ... doesn't seem like a good use of your time.
- Permalink: So, I've been thinking about dead cats. That ... doesn't seem ...
Brennan: Our partnership is so important to me. You know that, right?
Booth: Sure. Yeah. Die for your partner. That's the way I look at it.
- Permalink: Our partnership is so important to me. You know that, right? S...
Brennan: Booth seems to like Catherine, don't you think?
Cam: I do. I'm glad. It's been a long time since he dated anyone.
Brennan I know. It's important for Booth to share his life. I prefer being alone.
Cam: But you're seeing Hacker.
Brennan: Yes, I like him. But not like Booth. I mean, not like Booth wants to like someone.
Cam: All organisms evolve and develop along patterns only recognized in retrospect. Your life doesn't exist outside the laws of nature.
Brennan: Then in ignorance, I await my own surprise. Although the odds of it to evolving into a commitment to another person are remote.
- Permalink: Booth seems to like Catherine, don't you think? I do. I'm glad...