Temperance Brennan Quotes
Relaxing makes me tense.
- Permalink: Relaxing makes me tense.
Booth: So what do you think happens now?
Brennan: Everything that happens next.
- Permalink: So what do you think happens now? Everything that happens next...
When Hodgins and I were buried alive, we each wrote a message to someone we loved in case our bodies were ever found. Hodgins wrote to Angela. I wrote to you. 'Dear Agent Booth, you are a confusing man. You are irrational and impulsive, superstitious and exasperating. You believe in ghosts and angels and maybe even Santa Claus. And because of you, I've started to see the universe differently. How is it possible that simply looking into your fine face gives me so much joy? Why does it make me so happy that every time I try to sneak a peek at you you are already looking at me? Like you, it makes no sense. And like you, it feels right. If I ever get out of here, I will find a time and a place to tell you that you make my life messy and confusing and unfocused and irrational and wonderful.' This is that time. This is that place.
- Permalink: When Hodgins and I were buried alive, we each wrote a message to...
Aldo: And now, Temperance, will you be speaking from the heart as well?
Brennan: No, I will be speaking from my mouth.
- Permalink: And now, Temperance, will you be speaking from the heart as well...
Booth: I worked really, really hard on my vows, but you know, now that we're here, look, um, hey. Do you remember the last time that we were here? Standing right around in this spot? It was right in the beginning before we really knew each other. I was trying to get away from you because you were irritating me and, uh, you chased me down, and you caught up to me and I said to you 'listen, I just have to get all my ducks in a row' and you said to me--
Brennan: I can be a duck.
Booth: Yeah. You know we had been chasing each other for a long time. Chasing each other through wars and serial killers and ghosts and snakes. And now chasing you has been the smartest thing that I have ever done in my life. And being chased by you has been my greatest joy. But now, we, uh, we don't have to chase each other anymore because we caught each other.
- Permalink: I worked really, really hard on my vows, but you know, now that ...
Booth: Bones, I would wear elephant tusks on my head and have a squirrel monkey do the wedding ceremony if that's what you wanted.
Brennan: You really don't care?
Brennan: Neither do I. As long as you're there. We've waited long enough.
Booth: We have.
- Permalink: Bones, I would wear elephant tusks on my head and have a squirre...
Brennan: My feelings, they're jumbled. But this case is something I understand.
Angela: You understand happy, right? Go with that.
- Permalink: My feelings, they're jumbled. But this case is something I under...
Brennan: I don't need sleep to be beautiful.
Hodgins: No, but it does make you pleasant.
- Permalink: I don't need sleep to be beautiful. No, but it does make you p...
Oliver: I don't have any friends.
Brennan: That's because you're objectionable.
- Permalink: I don't have any friends. That's because you're objectionable.
Sweets: Dr. Brennan would rather work with a computer than me.
Brennan: But as a lunch companion, I certainly prefer you.
- Permalink: Dr. Brennan would rather work with a computer than me. But as ...
Brennan: I do dislike it when other people tell me what to do.
Booth: See, now there's the Bones that I love!
- Permalink: I do dislike it when other people tell me what to do. See, now...
Booth: Bones, if I ask you to marry me, will you say yes?
Brennan: If I say yes, will we get married?
- Permalink: Bones, if I ask you to marry me, will you say yes? If I say ye...