Listen, neither of us are neuroscientists, but we both understan...
Leslie: Listen, neither of us are neuroscientists, but we both understand the biochemistry of sex. I mean, dopamine in our brains is released across synapses, causing pleasure. You stick electrodes in a rat's brain, give him an orgasm button, he'll push that thing until he starves to death.
Leonard: Well, who wouldn't?
Leslie: Well, the only difference between us and the rat is that you can't stick an electrode in our hypothalamus. That's where you come in
- Leonard Hofstadter, Leslie Winkle
- The Big Bang Theory Season 1 Episode 5: "The Hamburger Postulate"
- The Big Bang Theory
- Related Quotes:
- Leonard Hofstadter Quotes, Leslie Winkle Quotes, The Big Bang Theory Season 1 Episode 5 Quotes, TBBT Quotes
- Added by:
- Eric Hochberger
Sheldon: Can't we just go to Big Boy? They only have one burger: the Big Boy.
Penny: The Barbecue Burger is like the Big Boy.
Sheldon: Excuse me, in a world that already includes a Big Boy, why would I settle for something that's like a Big Boy?
- Permalink: The Big Boy. The Barbecue Burger is like the Big Boy. Excuse...
Sheldon: I need your help in a matter of semiotics.
Sheldon: Semiotics, the study of signs and symbols as a branch of the philosophy related to linguistics.
Penny: Okay, honey, I know you think you are explaining yourself, but you're really not
- Permalink: I need your help in a matter of semiotics. What? Semiotics, ...