Dexter Season 2 Episode 5: "The Dark Defender" Quotes
(voice over) Most people hate long lines. The bank, grocery store, coffee bar. Not me. Want a real glimpse of human nature? Stand in the way of someone's mocha latte. It also reminds me that the good people of Miami and I aren't so different. They have no more idea of what I am than I do.Dexter
- Permalink: (voice over) Most people hate long lines. The bank, grocery stor...
Deb: Sweet Mary mother of fuck that's good.
Dexter: I think you might have broken a commandment somewhere in there.
- Permalink: Sweet Mary mother of f**k that's good. I think you might have ...
Lila: So what about what you're going to say to this guy when you get there?
Dexter: I'm sure I'll think of something.
Lila: Why don't you practice on me.
Dexter: I'd rather not.
Lila: Just try. Out loud.
Dexter: I feel like... he stole my life.
Dexter: I'm not the person I'm supposed to be. It's like I'm hollow.
Lila: That's good. Go on.
Dexter: I hide in plain sight, unable to reach out to people close to me, afraid I'll hurt them... like I've hurt so many others. This is what he made me become.
- Permalink: So what about what you're going to say to this guy when you get ...
Deb: If Dad taught us one thing, it's the value of human life.
Dexter: (voice over) Yeah, but I think we had different homework assignments.
- Permalink: If Dad taught us one thing, it's the value of human life. (voi...
(about a painting of a cottage hanging on the motel wall) This isn't art, it's cottage porn.Lila
- Permalink: (about a painting of a cottage hanging on the motel wall) This i...
Want more Dexter?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!