Downton Abbey Quotes
I blame the war. Before 1914, nobody thought about anything at all.Violet
- Permalink: I blame the war. Before 1914, nobody thought about anything at all.
Oh, it is you. I thought it was a man wearing your clothes.Violet
- Permalink: Oh, it is you. I thought it was a man wearing your clothes.
If you can honestly say you have never let a flirtation get out of hand since we married. If you have never given a woman the wrong impression than by all means stay away. Otherwise, I expect you back in my room tonight.Cora
Am I supposed to applaud you for poking round in my things?Anna
- Permalink: Am I supposed to applaud you for poking round in my things?
Igor: You wouldn't admit it if it were true. You think to be unhappy in a marriage is ill-bred.
Violet: You do know me Igor. That I must concede.
- Permalink: Igor
Mary: I am tempted to remind them of what they have been missing.
Anna: You would never be that heartless.
- Permalink: You would never be that heartless.
Mrs. Patmore: It is good to hear advice from a man of the world.
Carson: Well, I like to do what I can.
Mrs. Hughes: We feel thoroughly protected.
- Permalink: We feel thoroughly protected.
Charles: You know you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Mabel: I'm going.
Charles: Well, what shall we do with your food.
Mable: Eat it. And I hope it chokes you.
- Permalink: Eat it. And I hope it chokes you.
I am afraid that you have read somewhere that rudeness in old age is amusing, which is quite wrong.Rosamund
Violet: She keeps talking about her mother being infirm, but I am infirm why doesn't she think about that?
Isobel: You are as infirm as Windsor Castle.
- Permalink: You are as infirm as Windsor Castle.
Miss Bunting: Have I finished us before we ever really even got started?
Tom: You pitted yourself against them from the start. How can you retreat from that position?
Miss Bunting: You mean I have made it them or me?
Tom: Haven't you? You despise the family, but I think you forget that my wife was one of them. My child is one of them. Where does that leave me?
Miss Bunting: don't you despise them? Really?
Tom: No, I don't. I would like things to change, but I don't think in black and white terms anymore.
Miss Bunting: Well I do.
- Permalink: Well I do.
How flattering. We go to bed together and you wake up.Tony
- Permalink: How flattering. We go to bed together and you wake up.
My dear. A lack of compassion can be as vulgar as an excess of tears.Violet
- Permalink: My dear. A lack of compassion can be as vulgar as an excess of tears.
Tom: Well if you don't like her, why have you gone through the business of sending Shrimpy to her rescue?
Isobel: That is what I keep asking.
Edith: Well granny?
Violet: Oh you know me, never complain, never explain.
Edith: You don't usually have very much trouble complaining.
- Permalink: You don't usually have very much trouble complaining.