Cailin: (About Pete and Monica) So. How'd you guys meet?
Pete: Well ah, the short version is, I ah pursued her for a couple of months, then I gave her a check for $20,000, and she was mine.
Monica: Yeah, and in the long version, I dump him for telling people the short version.
- Permalink: So. How'd you guys meet? Well ah, the short version is, I ah p...
Joey: I don't get you, Kate. First you hate me, then you sleep with me, then you want nothing to do with me, and now you want me again?
Kate: What, you've never dated an actress before?
- Permalink: I don't get you, Kate. First you hate me, then you sleep with me...
Joey: Uh, listen I gotta double check for tickets tonight. Who, who got what?
Chandler, Phoebe & Rachel: I had one.
Monica: I need two. I'm bringing Pete. My boyfriend. I have a boyfriend now!
Joey: Two it is. Ross, how about you?
Ross: Uh, yeah, I, ah, I also need two.
Monica: Really? Who's number two?
Chandler: Who's number two? One of the more difficult games sewer workers play.
Ross: Uh, no, it's, it's just this person.
Phoebe: Like a date type person?
Ross: Yeah, kinda. It's this woman from work. I hope that won't be too weird. Will it, Rach?
Rachel: No. No, not at all, not at all. I actually was gonna bring someone myself, so...
Joey: But you said one.
Rachel: I meant, me plus one!
Joey: Okay. (to Phoebe and Chandler) Did, ah, you guys mean you plus one?
- Permalink: Uh, listen I gotta double check for tickets tonight. Who, who go...
Ross (Rachel just introduced him to Tommy)) So uh, well, this, this is uh, this is awkward.
Ross Well y'know 'cause Rachel and I used to go out.
Tommy Oh, I didn't, I didn't know that.
Ross Oh! Well then this is awkward.
- Permalink: Ross ) So uh, well, this, this is uh, this is awkward. Tommy Ye...
Chandler: (Entering, carrying the chick and duck) Hey! Can you take a duck and a chick to the theater?
Monica: Of course not.
Chandler: Okay. I just wanted them to hear it from somebody else.
- Permalink: Hey! Can you take a duck and a chick to the theater? Of cours...
Joey: So, so, what'd you think?
Chandler: Almost as good as that play with the two naked girls on the see-saw.
Joey: I, I wasn't in that.
Chandler: I know.
- Permalink: So, so, what'd you think? Almost as good as that play with the...
Ross: He screamed, he literally screamed at this couple.
Chandler: Yeah, and at the end of the play, he got up and just started to bang his hands together.
- Permalink: He screamed, he literally screamed at this couple. Yeah, and a...
I've kept myself busy. (Monica and Rachel go in their rooms and walk right back out) I put your stuff in her room and her stuff in your room.Phoebe
- Permalink: I've kept myself busy. I put your stuff in her room and her stu...
(To the chick) That's Yasmine Bleeth. She's a different kind of chick.Chandler
- Permalink: That's Yasmine Bleeth. She's a different kind of chick.
This has been my dream ever since I got my first Easy Bake Oven and opened "Easy Monica's Bakery."Monica
- Permalink: This has been my dream ever since I got my first Easy Bake Oven ...
Monica: Okay, here's the thing.
Pete: The thing! Oh no, I hate the thing. What's the thing?
- Permalink: Okay, here's the thing. The thing! Oh no, I hate the thing. Wh...
Phoebe: I have to tell you something?
Phoebe: I can't tell you.
Monica: Well, wouldn't it be easier if you could tell me?
Phoebe: Yeah, in a perfect world.
- Permalink: I have to tell you something? What? I can't tell you. Well...