Gilmore Girls Season 1 Quotes
Sir, I'm just a simple country boy from Texas. I do not understand this francais business you're babbling about.</i> Michel
- Permalink: Sir, I'm just a simple country boy from Texas. I do not understa...
(Emily on the phone with Lorelai after finding out that Lorelai attended a cat's wake instead of her unknown cousin's funeral)
Lorelai: It's late, I have a big day tomorrow.
Emily: You're going to a raccoon's wedding?
- Permalink: It's late, I have a big day tomorrow. You're going to a raccoo...
Mr. Medina: I think we should date.
Mr. Medina: Because I think we both want to.
Lorelai: Well I want to be in the Bangles but that doesn't mean I quit my job and get a guitar and ruin my life to be a Bangle, does it?
Mr. Medina: The Bangles broke up.
Lorelai: Yeah, that's not the point.
- Permalink: I think we should date. Why? Because I think we both want ...
Lorelai: Life is a funny funny thing, huh?
Sookie: Yeah I love that Jim Carrey.
Sookie: Jim Carrey. He's just -- he's just -- funny.
Lorelai: He is funny but I didn't mean funny, funny. I'm being philosophical.
Sookie: Oh. Very serious face. Jean-Paul Sartre.
- Permalink: Life is a funny funny thing, huh? Yeah I love that Jim Carrey...
Lorelai: (to Max) I'm going to be in town tomorrow because I take a class at Hartford State and there's a coffee shop across the street that I sometimes, almost all the time, go to around 4:00 and usually exactly 4:12. I could not stop a person from entering said establishment around that time, nor would I avoid them if I knew them if they did.
- Permalink: 12. I could not stop a person from entering said establishment ...
Dean: Well, I've been kind of bugging you lately. Uh, I thought -- I don't know -- I thought that maybe you liked me. But it's obvious that you're not interested so I just wanted to say that I get it and I'm not gonna bother you anymore.
(Dean starts to leave, Rory gets up to follow him)
Rory: Wait! I am interested.
Dean: You are?
Rory: Yes. I gotta go.
- Permalink: Well, I've been kind of bugging you lately. Uh, I thought -- I ...
(After Lorelai is snippy to her)
Rory: Ooooh, she's cranky this morning.
Lorelai: Let's just say the world's got a formidable opponent.
- Permalink: Ooooh, she's cranky this morning. Let's just say the world's g...
Michel: Fine, I shall be French, but I shall not be happy.
Lorelai: Then you will be yourself. Good choice! (pats him on the back)
- Permalink: Fine, I shall be French, but I shall not be happy. Then you wi...
Babette: Cinnamon's dyspeptic. So's Maury. Too many clams.
Maury: Baaad clams!
Babette: This doesn't reflect well on Al's establishment...
Lane: You had clams at Al's?
Rory: Al's Pancake World?
Babette: Yeah, well, we had coupons...
- Permalink: Cinnamon's dyspeptic. So's Maury. Too many clams. Baaad clams!...
It wasn't the clams, Maury... in human years, this cat was 260 years old.Veterinarian
- Permalink: It wasn't the clams, Maury... in human years, this cat was 260 y...
Michel: I don't know how many French people you've met over the years, but most of them are insufferable.
Michel: That is why I left France.
Lorelai: Huh. I thought it had something to do with the torches, and the villagers.
- Permalink: I don't know how many French people you've met over the years, b...
Emily: So you're not going?
Lorelai: Not this time.
Emily: I don't think Claudia's planning to die a second time.
- Permalink: So you're not going? Not this time. I don't think Claudia's ...
Lorelai: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow.
Rory: Ah, it's that time of year.
Lorelai: Can't you smell it?
Rory: You know, it's like dogs and high-pitched noises. I think it's something only you can smell.
(Rory sits down next to Lorelai and pulls a blanket over the both of them)
Lorelai: I love snow.
Rory: Really, I had no idea.
Lorelai: Everything's magical when it snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves, hats.
Rory: Thermal underwear, wool socks, ear flaps.
- Permalink: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow. Ah, it's tha...
Lorelai: So where did you learn to make osso bucco anyway?
Max: Um, from this very old Italian woman who used to live upstairs. She had lost her husband a couple of years before and she kinda looked at me as like a son.
Max: She was.
Lorelai: So an old girlfriend huh?
- Permalink: So where did you learn to make osso bucco anyway? Um, from th...