Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
(Rory is throwing away things that remind her of Dean)
Lorelai: The sweater's brand new.
Rory: He saw me in it yesterday and he liked it.
Lorelai: Well, then he's got good taste.
Rory: He said it brought out the blue in my eyes.
Lorelai: Well, then he's gay.
- Permalink: The sweater's brand new. He saw me in it yesterday and he like...
Lane: (after meeting Paris for the first time) Wow, you didn't exaggerate.
Rory: Paris needs no embellishment.
- Permalink: Wow, you didn't exaggerate. Paris needs no embellishment.
She's been here five minutes and already has a date. I've been going to this school for nine years and I'm the french soda monitor.Paris
- Permalink: She's been here five minutes and already has a date. I've been g...
Lorelai: Hey, hey, hey, cut it out! Break it up! You back off! Come here! What do you think you're doing?!
Luke: He started it!
Lorelai: By doing what?
Luke: He was coming in.
Lorelai: Are you a lunatic! He's 16!
Luke: Well what was I supposed to do?!
Lorelai: Well stand in the middle of the street and have a slap fight of course! Come here!
Rory: (to Dean) Are you ok?
Dean: I'm fine.
Rory: Oh good, I don't know what got into Luke. He's usually so -
Dean: I have to go.
Rory: Oh sure, bye.
(Dean leaves, Lorelai grabs Luke as he wants to follow Dean)
Lorelai: Get inside now. Inside - now!
Luke: He started it.
- Permalink: Hey, hey, hey, cut it out! Break it up! You back off! Come here!...
It just figures that the only Korean boy at this party has his Korean-girl radar turned on.Lane
- Permalink: It just figures that the only Korean boy at this party has his K...
Lorelai: Well, did he...try something?
Lorelai: You know. Did he wanna...
Lorelai: Did he wanna go faster than you -
Rory: God no!
Lorelai: Ok, ok, I'm sorry.
- Permalink: Well, did he...try something? What? You know. Did he wanna....
Lorelai: Forget about the meatball, honey. Just tell me what happened with Dean.
Rory: He just broke up with me, okay?
Lorelai: But I don't get it. This is Dean we're talking about here--he's crazy about you. He calls here 25 times a day. Have you seen the cover of his notebook? It's one inch away from stalker material!
- Permalink: Forget about the meatball, honey. Just tell me what happened wit...
Lorelai: Did you rearrange the furniture?
Lorelai: Good, cause for a minute there I thought we were having a problem with decorator elves and I was going to have to call an exterminator and tent the place. But it was just you, great. Good... So now, was there any reason that you suddenly felt the need to move around large pieces of furniture first thing in the morning?
Rory: I was up. It was there.
Lorelai: Okay. Good thought process. Great... Now, I noticed that you didn't move the TV though.
Rory: It was too heavy.
Lorelai: Right, ok. Well, I like this. Yeah. This is good. Now, of course, when the sofa actually faced the TV it made a little easier to watch. But this is good too. It will be like um, you know like radio.
- Permalink: Did you rearrange the furniture? Yes. Good, cause for a minu...
Lorelai: Rory, my heart, today is Saturday, the day of rest!
Rory: Sunday's the day of rest.
Lorelai: No, Saturday's the day of pre-rest.
Lorelai: Yeah, so that way when you actually get to Sunday, you're rested enough to enjoy your rest.
Rory: That makes absolutely no sense.
Lorelai: That's because it's six o'clock on Saturday morning!
- Permalink: Rory, my heart, today is Saturday, the day of rest! Sunday's t...
Lorelai: It's 6:00!
Rory: I know.
Lorelai: It's 6:00 in the morning.
Lorelai: It's 6:00 on Saturday morning!
Rory: Do you want to wear Docs or sneakers?
Lorelai: I want to wear slippers!
- Permalink: 00! I know. 00 in the morning. Yeah. 00 on Saturday mornin...
Tristan: By the way, I'm sorry I gave you such a hard time... for a while.
Rory: Oh, that's okay.
Tristan:(with surprise) Uh, it is?
Rory:(pause) No. But you're sad.
- Permalink: By the way, I'm sorry I gave you such a hard time... for a while...
Lorelai: Turn around.
Lorelai: 14 hours of labor, that's why.
- Permalink: Turn around. Why? 14 hours of labor, that's why.