Gossip Girl Season 4 Episode 21: "Shattered Bass" Quotes
Russell: What the hell is going on?
Chuck: Divine intervention. If you consider Satan divine.
Jack: You did get in one good punch.
Chuck: It was a long time coming.
- Permalink: What the hell is going on? Divine intervention. If you conside...
I hope you'll join me at this party to make a formal debut. If you're not ready to share your lifeâ€”all of itâ€”don't show up. I'll leave with my mother tonight.Louis
- Permalink: I hope you'll join me at this party to make a formal debut. If y...
Louis: I saw him before I came here.
Blair: If he told you something happened he's lying. He just trying to get you to leave me.
Louis: I saw his hand. It's not the ring that cut your face. Blair, how can you lie to protect someone who hurt you?
- Permalink: I saw him before I came here. If he told you something happene...
It's true what they say about diamonds. They cut not only glass but porcelain as well.Blair
- Permalink: It's true what they say about diamonds. They cut not only glass ...
Sophie: Perhaps I judged you too harshly after the consulate affair. Cyrus has told me of your job at W and your straight A average, all while dedicating yourself to avian welfare.
Cyrus: You would never let a duck go hungry.
- Permalink: Perhaps I judged you too harshly after the consulate affair. Cyr...
Rufus: Don't you have Blair's engagement toast? I know you both have your issues.
Serena: I can't force Blair to want me there.
Rufus: But, come on, it's Blair. She might have trouble saying it most of the time, she loves you as much as she loves anybody. Of course she wants you there.
- Permalink: Don't you have Blair's engagement toast? I know you both have yo...
Louis: I want the truth.
Chuck: If you can't trust Blair to tell you the truth you've got bigger problems than me. All I'll say is, get used to it. Blair is nothing without her secrets.
- Permalink: I want the truth. If you can't trust Blair to tell you the tru...
Chuck: Your highness. You'll forgive me if I'm too busy to bow.
Louis: I don't appreciate the sarcasm. Or for that matter, anything else about you.
- Permalink: Your highness. You'll forgive me if I'm too busy to bow. I don...
Eleanor: Princess Sophie. Welcome to our tasteful and appropriate home.
Sophie: Thank you.
Cyrus: Now I'm a hugger. Hope you don't mind!
- Permalink: Princess Sophie. Welcome to our tasteful and appropriate home. ...
Jack: And all this time I thought you hated Bart because of his sunny personality.
Russell: I see you've spoken with my daughter.
Jack: And apparently you haven't.
Russell: No, She's holding on to some anger about this whole situation.
Jack: Can't say I blame her. Doesn't mean I want to do business with her.
Russell: Which is why you called me.
Jack: What Reina's proposing suits me fine. It's just, your daughter's history with Chuck, Nate Archibald crashing our meeting looking like he just ran away from home. The whole thing feels messy. Juvenile.
Russell: I couldn't agree more.
- Permalink: And all this time I thought you hated Bart because of his sunny ...
Sophia: New York is always so grey. Even in the spring. And the angles everywhere, they are so... harsh. I'll be happy to be back in Monaco.
Blair: The Glenn Ligon America exhibit at the Whitney is definitely worth the trip. There's nothing grey or angular there. Except for the building.
Sophia: I think I've had my fill of your city's ugliness for this trip.
- Permalink: New York is always so grey. Even in the spring. And the angles e...
Rufus: Hey. Your mom called and she was concerned that you were due for a refill on your medication, didn't get it.
Charlie: Shoot. I was so excited about going to the fundraiser tonight with Dan that I forgot to pick it up on my way home. I'll go right now.
Rufus: I already did. Ah, your mom told me that last time things went well you stopped taking it.
Charlie: And then they went from well to hell. Trust me, I never want that to happen again.
- Permalink: Hey. Your mom called and she was concerned that you were due for...
Chuck: So I thought I'd bring some luxury across the river. Brooklyn needs it. It's all bars, bakeries and babies. No hotel in sight. Charles Place. You up to attend the ribbon cutting?
Nate: No thanks.
Chuck: Still pissed I lied to Reina about my father?
Nate: It was a big lie. Even for you.
Chuck: That's why I'm stepping out from under his dark shadow and away from the Bass name.
Nate: Whatever you want to call yourself or your hotel, you're still the same person.
- Permalink: So I thought I'd bring some luxury across the river. Brooklyn ne...
Good morning, Sleepyheads. Looks like "dream until your dreams come true" wasn't such a good idea after all.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Good morning, Sleepyheads. Looks like dream until your dreams co...