Gossip Girl Season 2 Episode 1: "Summer, Kind of Wonderful" Quotes
Oh God. Hot lifeguard has a Camaro. And not in an ironic-I've-got-a-Camaro kinda way.Serena
- Permalink: Oh God. Hot lifeguard has a Camaro. And not in an ironic-I've-go...
[to Serena] I haven't been able to get you out of my head all summer. I was hoping when I saw you, I would know that we did the right thing. But I don't feel that way. I don't feel that way at all.Dan
- Permalink: I haven't been able to get you out of my head all summer. I was ...
Chuck: [to Nate] By the way Archibald, now that the summer's over I can tell you I never believed any of the talk that you hit it with my sis... [sees Blair] morning, Waldorf!
Blair: It was until now.
- Permalink: By the way Archibald, now that the I can tell you I never believ...
At least I could have gotten a more interesting stand-in than James. You know how hard it is to find a good fake boyfriend on short notice?Blair
- Permalink: At least I could have gotten a more interesting stand-in than Ja...
I would be in my cabana at the Hotel de Cat, and there he would be. Amid all the fireworks on Bastille Day, all I could see was that... Chuck Bass-tard!Blair
- Permalink: I would be in my cabana at the Hotel de Cat, and there he would ...
Oh, a honk instead of a knock! Did someone order a townie?Blair
- Permalink: Oh, a honk instead of a knock! Did someone order a townie?
Jenny: Look, I know I acted like a complete and total raging bitch last year, but what you don't know is how bad I felt about it all summer. You were the only person who was friends with me for me and I hurt you the worst.
Eric: Well, you did get yours in the end. And since I don't have many friends myself, I guess I could use every lying, manipulating, backstabbing one I can get. What did you have in mind?
- Permalink: Look, I know I acted like a complete and total raging bitch last...
Chuck: You're lying.
Blair: I am not.
Chuck: Your eyes are doing that thing where they don't match your mouth.
Blair: I wasn't aware that robots got jealous. Did they update your software while I was away?
- Permalink: You're lying. I am not. Your eyes are doing that thing where...
Blair: What about all those rumors about you and Nate?
Serena: Mmm mmm. Not true. They just got people off my back so I could stop being sad, and Nate could go do whatever he wants, so it worked out for both of us.
Blair: You mean you haven't had ANY fun with anyone all summer?
Serena: There's this hot lifeguard that asked me out, but I, you know, I turned him down
Blair: A hot lifeguard is like kleenex! Use once and throw away. You could ask for a better rebound!
- Permalink: What about all those rumors about you and Nate? Mmm mmm. Not t...
Unlike the rest of us, sex lies and scandal never take a vacation. Instead, they take the Long Island Expressway and head east - to the Hamptons! Some of us would say summer is the busiest season. Think Park Avenue, but with Tennis whites, and Band de Soleil. The players change, but the game remains the same.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Unlike the rest of us, sex lies and scandal never take a vacatio...
Nate: She knows ... that I'm seeing someone... that I'm not ready to introduce to everyone yet.
Katherine: [slams him against the seat]
Nate: ... Or ever?
- Permalink: She knows ... that I'm seeing someone... that I'm not ready to i...
They say summer love is fleeting. But sometimes what starts as a fling, can lead to the real thing. A simple trip to the beach can be all it takes to clear our heads and open our heads, and write a new ending to an old story. There are those who got burned by the heat. They just want to forget and start over. While there are others who want each moment to last forever. But everyone can agreed on one thing - tans fade, highlights go dark, and we all get sick of getting sand in our shoes. But summer is the beginning of a new season, so we find ourselves looking to the future. You ain't seen nothin' yet. XOXO, Gossip Girl.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: They say summer love is fleeting. But sometimes what starts as a...
Serena: Blair will never forgive you for what you did to her.
Chuck: Who told you that little piece of advice, your boyfriend Nate?
Serena: Nate didn't say anything ...
Chuck: Good. I don't think it's wise taking relationship advice from someone in a FAKE relationship. Call me crazy. (pause) Enjoy another night alone with your thoughts.
Serena: Good luck on your suicide mission!
- Permalink: Blair will never forgive you for what you did to her. Who told...
Serena: I still miss Dan sometimes... more than sometimes.
Blair: The only thing lamer than dating Dan Humphrey... is mourning Dan Humphrey.
- Permalink: I still miss Dan sometimes... more than sometimes. The only th...