Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Alex: I'm going over Callie's head to Bailey.
Cristina: Callie is over Bailey's head...
Meredith: Spiritually, Bailey's over everyone's head.
- Permalink: I'm going over Callie's head to Bailey. Callie is over Bailey...
Meredith's mother never wanted her and her father was never man enough to hang around. She has a right to be damaged. And us, together? It's a big step for her. Her best friend gets left at the altar, and all she sees now is, things like this, they don't work. She panics. She wants this, she doesn't know how to have it. And you know what? It's not her fault. So don't ever talk to me about Meredith Grey again because you do not know what you are talking about. And I don't want a friend.Derek
- Permalink: Meredith's mother never wanted her and her father was never man...
Mark: I really am up for a drink, you know if you need to talk.
Derek: What would I need to talk about?
Mark: Meredith. You were lucky, man. That girl jerked you around.
Derek: You have no idea what you're talking about.
- Permalink: I really am up for a drink, you know if you need to talk. Wha...
(to her interns) I know... I know you didnâ€™t wake up this morning expecting this was how your first day was gonna go. You thought youâ€™d get to re-attach an arm or observe brain surgery; instead you helped save the life of a deer. You can bitch and complain about it, or you can adjust your expectations. 'Cause like it or not, you are stuck with me and Iâ€™m the kind of doctor who lets little kids convince her she can do the impossible. Oh! Plus, when I woke up this morning, I thought today was gonna go a lot differently too. I thought I was gonna get the good interns. Instead, I get stuck with the duds! So I'll have to adjust my expectations as well.Izzie
- Permalink: (to her interns) I know... I know you didnâ€™t wake up this mor...
Meredith: Have you seen Burke?
Cristina: No. Have you seen Derek?
Izzie: Wait, you haven't seen either of them since the wedding?
Meredith and Cristina: Nope.
Izzie: And you're all fine?
Izzie: Wow. You're either incredible healthy or completely messed up.
- Permalink: Have you seen Burke? No. Have you seen Derek? No. Wait, y...
George! Severed arm, Meredith's half sister is my intern, Izzie's playing Dr. Doolittle, oh, and Alex hates your wife.Cristina
- Permalink: George! Severed arm, Meredith's half sister is my intern, Izzie...
Derek: How is Meredith, anyway?
Derek: She's always fine. That's her problem.
Cristina: We're fine people. We do fine. We're fine.
- Permalink: How is Meredith, anyway? Fine. She's always fine. That's he...
Mark: I didn't come to Seattle for Addison, I didn't come to Seattle to be chief. I came to Seattle for you, okay? I came to Seattle to get you back... [laughs] I know I wanna take that back, but now, it's been said..
Derek: Yeah... maybe we should have a drink.
Mark: We could?
Derek: [smiles] Yeah.... Not today.
- Permalink: I didn't come to Seattle for Addison, I didn't come to Seattle ...
Don't you see? I'm Bambi. I'm Bambi, George. If anyone in this situation is a sad little cartoon character, it's me. I'm all alone in the forest, all alone in the forest, George. And my mother's been shot by a hunter and where are you? Where the hell are you?Izzie
- Permalink: Don't you see? I'm Bambi. I'm Bambi, George. If anyone in this ...
I don't respond to being called a number.George
- Permalink: I don't respond to being called a number.
Derek: We're broken up.
Meredith: It's done.
[They start kissing]
Derek: Break-up kiss.
Meredith: Break-up kiss.
Derek: Lets have break-up sex.
Meredith: Yeah, lets have break-up sex.
- Permalink: We're broken up. It's done. Break-up kiss. Break-up...
Derek: You're not ready for this.
Derek: I asked for too much.
Meredith: I think so.
Derek: So, this is it?
Derek: We're breaking up?
Meredith: We're breaking up.
- Permalink: I...uhm.... You're not ready for this. No. I asked for to...