Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Episode 1: "Dream a Little Dream of Me" Quotes
Meredith: Chief. Vincent Kenner... We gave him 31 units of blood. Fresh frozen plasma. Multiple liters of LR. We did everything we knew how to do, we just couldn't bring him back.
Richard: You don't know how to do anything. None of you. You're half way through your 2nd year of residency and you walk around this hospital like it's your God given right to be here. Well it is not, Dr. Grey. I assure you. You are here because I allow it. You are here to do what i say. And the one thing I ask you to do you can't even save...
Derek: Richard! We can't save everybody.
Richard: We should try harder. We should try harder.
- Permalink: Chief. Vincent Kenner... We gave him 31 units of blood. Fresh fr...
Miranda: I have a dream, Yang... That one day a trauma, will come through these doors.... I have a dream.
Cristina: I share that dream.
- Permalink: I have a dream, Yang... That one day a trauma, will come through...
Izzie: What did you say to Alex?
Meredith: I... I didn't say anything. I just said it's nice that you two are friendly again.
Izzie: Ugh! Meredith why can't you just mind your own business? I mean... you know what forget it! I should never have told you anything! You can't keep anything to yourself unless it's for Cristina.
Meredith: Not funny!
- Permalink: What did you say to Alex? I... I didn't say anything. I just s...
Meredith: Okay, I built the house of candles, that is unprecedented in the Meredith chronicles.
Derek: Fine, lets move in together.
Derek: Unless of course you just wanna go ahead and get married .... AHA! Gotcha! You wanna know where I learned that? It goes with the story of how i cut my hand.
- Permalink: Okay, I built the house of candles, that is unprecedented in the...
Derek: You wanna hear how I cut my hand? It's a good story.
Meredith: I am not sure moving in together is such a good idea.
Derek: Okay... Fine.
Meredith: What does that mean?
- Permalink: You wanna hear how I cut my hand? It's a good story. I am not ...
You just, just, take my x-ray and... and... It doesn't matter what I say.Cristina
- Permalink: You just, just, take my x-ray and... and... It doesn't matter wh...
Meredith: Did you mean what you said about me... and Derek?
Cristina: Oh, well, this is not fair. I'm impaled!
Meredith: I know I talk about it too much. And I know I've gone soft and gooey and disgusting. And if I had to listen to it I'd puke too. But, you said what you said because you were mad, right? Not because you meant it?
- Permalink: Did you mean what you said about me... and Derek? Oh, well, th...
Mark: You want me to take a look at that?
Derek: Meredith's going to take care of it.
Mark: I'm a renowned plastic surgeon. Grey's a resident.
Derek: It's just a scratch. She gives me sex, especially when I'm wounded. haha.
- Permalink: You want me to take a look at that? Meredith's going to take c...
Owen: Leave it right where it is! You get stabbed in the chest, you're lucky enough to still be breathing. You leave the knife in, at least until you figure out what's going on inside. Leave it in!
Cristina: Take it out!
Richard: Leave it in!
- Permalink: Leave it right where it is! You get stabbed in the chest, you're...
Meredith: And then you know what's gonna happen after he moves in don't you? We build a house on his land, which will be OUR land because we'll be married. And then I'll be Dr. Mrs. Shepherd. And you know what comes after that don't you? Babies. They'll be his babies so they'll have perfect hair, and they'll be chatty. So I'll have five chatty children, a chatty husband, and live in a house in the wilderness. And then I'll start sleeping with your husband. I gotta tell him I've changed my mind. Don't you think?
- Permalink: And then you know what's gonna happen after he moves in don't yo...
Alex: Do you know anything about health insurance?
Meredith: No. Why?
Alex: I'm trying to help out a patient.
Meredith: Ah, the softer side of Alex. Izzie was right.
Alex: What's that supposed to mean?
- Permalink: Do you know anything about health insurance? No. Why? I'm tr...
Meredith: I mean that's what happens, you're married 40 years and then you become a big fat, lying cheater. If 40 years doesn't make you committed what does? What's the point? I mean what if I move in with Derek and...
Cristina: Okay I'll give you 100 bucks if you talk about something else.
- Permalink: I mean that's what happens, you're married 40 years and then you...
[narrating] We all remember the bed time stories of our childhood. The shoe fit Cinderella, the frog was turned into a prince, sleeping beauty was awakened with a kiss. Once upon a time and then they lived happily ever after. Fairy tales. The stuff of dreams. the problem is, fairy tales don't come true. It's the other stories. The ones that start in dark and stormy nights and end in the unspeakable. The nightmares always seem to become the reality.Meredith
- Permalink: We all remember the bed time stories of our childhood. The shoe ...
Meredith: What happened!?
Cristina: A bus in front of him hit a telephone pole. He tried to swerve and miss it, but ...
Meredith: How bad is it?
Richard: Meredith -
Cristina: Meredith, you're gonna have to be strong.
- Permalink: What happened!? A bus in front of him hit a telephone pole. He...