Heroes Season 1 Episode 1: "Genesis" Quotes
Peter: You're flying, Nathan. You're flying. How did you-
Nathan: I don't know.
- Permalink: You're flying, Nathan. You're flying. How did you- I don't kn...
Hiro: You don’t understand, I want to be special.
Ando: We are not special! We are Japanese!
- Permalink: You don’t understand, I want to be special. We are not specia...
Mr. Bennet: Suresh, huh?
Mohinder: I'm sorry?
Mr. Bennet: Your name on your license there. That's Indian, yes? There was a Professor Suresh at the University of Madras. Geneticist. Interesting theories. Don't think he's teaching anymore. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? Probably lots of Sureshes where you're from. Like Smith. Or Anderson.
- Permalink: Suresh, huh? I'm sorry? Your name on your license there. Th...
Hiro: Every ten year old wishes he had super powers. And I got them. Me of all people. Last in my class. Last on the sports field. I’m not a loser anymore.
Ando: Tell me one useful thing you could do with this power. Can you make money?
Hiro: A super hero doesn’t use his power for personal gain.
Ando: Then what good is it? Can you teleport yourself into the women’s bathroom? Now, there’s something useful. You won’t learn your "purpose" in there, but you might learn something about life.
- Permalink: Every ten year old wishes he had super powers. And I got them. ...
Some individuals, it is true, are more special. This is natural selection. It begins as a single individual born or hatched like every other member of their species. Anonymous. Seemingly ordinary. Except they're not. They carry inside them the genetic code that will take their species to the next evolutionary rung. It's destiny.Mohinder
- Permalink: Some individuals, it is true, are more special. This is natural...
Niki: Like I keep feeling like someone's watching.
Tina: Yeah! Linderman wants his money back, so he sent some mouth breather that's gonna put you in the hospital.
Niki: No, it is someone else. It's someone that I can't see.
- Permalink: Like I keep feeling like someone's watching. Yeah! Linderman ...
Hiro: I have discovered powers beyond any mere mortal.
Ando: Right. You and Spock.
Hiro: Yes. Like Spock. Exactly. [his boss suddenly grabs him by the neck and drags him back to his desk]
Ando: Use your ‘death grip’ Spock! The ‘death grip’!
- Permalink: I have discovered powers beyond any mere mortal. Right. You a...
Hiro: My clock. I made it go back one second using only my mind, my thoughts.
Ando: Too bad you’re not paid by the hour.
- Permalink: My clock. I made it go back one second using only my mind, my t...
Look... thanks, okay? I'll talk to you in front of people at school tomorrow. Promise.Claire
- Permalink: Look... thanks, okay? I'll talk to you in front of people at sc...
Claire: No, I don't think! I have busted, like, every bone in my body, stabbed myself in the chest, I've shoved a two-foot steel rod through my neck and I don't have a scratch on me!
Zach: Wh-what do you call that thing sticking out? [he points to where three of her cracked ribs are sticking out]
Claire: Ugh. Great.
- Permalink: No, I don't think! I have busted, like, every bone in my body, ...
Peter: This isn't about you, all right? Something is happening to me, and I have this feeling that you're the only person that's gonna understand this.
Nathan: Why the hell would I understand that you think you can fly?
Peter: Because you're my brother.
- Permalink: This isn't about you, all right? Something is happening to me, ...
Simone: You're like a son to him.
Peter: Well, then, that would make us like brother and sister. Might be a little awkward if I ever wanted to ask you out.
- Permalink: You're like a son to him. Well, then, that would make us like...
We are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food. Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time. Resistant to radiation. If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach.Mohinder Suresh
- Permalink: We are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belo...
This quest. This need to solve life's mysteries. In the end, what does it matter when the human heart can only find meaning in the smallest of moments? They're here. Among us. In the shadows. In the light. Everywhere. Do they even know yet?Mohinder Suresh
- Permalink: This quest. This need to solve life's mysteries. In the end, wh...