Heroes Season 1 Episode 3: "One Giant Leap" Quotes
[voiceover] When evolution selects its agents, it does so at a cost. It makes demands in exchange for singularity. And you may be asked to do something against your very nature. Suddenly, the change in your life that should have been wonderful, comes as a betrayal. It may seem cruel, but the goal is nothing short of self-preservation. Survival.Mohinder
- Permalink: When evolution selects its agents, it does so at a cost. It ma...
Nathan: Would you keep your voice down?
Peter: You were there. Last night I could fly. This morning, nothing. I nearly broke my neck trying.
Nathan: Well, that would have solved one of our problems.
- Permalink: Would you keep your voice down? You were there. Last night I ...
Matt: You want to tell me why I'm still here, or am I just gonna follow you around?
Audrey: We need you to talk to her. Find out what she knows.
Matt: Talk to who?
Audrey: Molly Walker. The little girl you found. We're keeping her here where it's safe until we can figure out what to do with her. She's been through a severe trauma. Both parents murdered right in front of her. She hasn't said a word since we brought her here.
Matt: What makes you think she's gonna talk to me?
Audrey: Well, if you're really a mind reader, she won't need to.
- Permalink: You want to tell me why I'm still here, or am I just gonna foll...
As many of you might have read, my brother Peter had an accident. But what I've kept from the press thus far is that, Peter barely survived a suicide attempt. My first instinct was to keep his illness hidden, but no one should suffer alone, because we are all connected somehow.Nathan
- Permalink: As many of you might have read, my brother Peter had an acciden...
There's something I should tell you. Something, uh...I didn't think was right to say when I still worked for your father. Something I wouldn't have even said to you two days ago. I've been in love with you since the minute I first laid eyes on you.Peter
- Permalink: There's something I should tell you. Something, uh...I didn't t...
Hiro: A hero doesn't run away from his destiny. My only concern is whether I need to hide my true identity. Perhaps a costume?
Ando: You even mention tights and a cape, I'm going home.
- Permalink: A hero doesn't run away from his destiny. My only concern is wh...
[ending voiceover] This force, evolution, is not sentimental. Like the earth itself, it knows only the hard facts of life's struggle with death. All you can do is hope and trust that when you have served its needs faithfully, there may still remain some glimmer of the life you once knew.Mohinder
- Permalink: This force, evolution, is not sentimental. Like the earth itse...
Zach: So that's it? You're going to go just pump your pom-poms and pretend you're not any different than any other girl on the squad?
Claire Bennet: Yes, actually.
Zach: But you are, Claire! You are different. Don't you see that none of this matters? School spirit doesn't matter. Being a pretty blonde cheerleader doesn't matter. It's not who you are anymore.
Claire Bennet: Who I am? So what, I can crawl through a woodchipper and live to tell about it. That narrows my choices in life to freak or guinea pig, in most cases both. What's wrong with wanting to be normal? You should try it.
- Permalink: So that's it? You're going to go just pump your pom-poms and pr...
Hiro Nakamura: Suddenly, I'm in New York! Five weeks in the future!
Ando Masahashi: Been hitting the sake?
Hiro Nakamura: I found the book's author, but he was dead! Then there's a nuclear explosion! Ka-boom! It all happens in five weeks, and you and I have to stop it!
Ando Masahashi: Definitely the sake.
- Permalink: Suddenly, I'm in New York! Five weeks in the future! Been hit...
Matt Parkman: What do you want from me?
Mr. Bennet: We wanna know more about you.
- Permalink: What do you want from me? We wanna know more about you.
Mr. Bennett: So is that the quarterback?
Claire Bennet: Who?
Mr. Bennett: The boy that you like right over there.
Claire Bennet: I don't "like" him. I mean he's a very nice boy, but...
Claire Bennet: yes, he's the quarterback.
Mr. Bennett: You really wanted to make me happy, you'd only date nerds. Well it worked out very well for your mother.
- Permalink: So is that the quarterback? Who? The boy that you like righ...
Peter Petrelli: [Punches Nathan in the face] You son of a bitch!
Nathan Petrelli: Careful, Peter. That's our mother you're talking about.
- Permalink: You son of a bitch! Careful, Peter. That's our mother you're...