How I Met Your Mother Season 2 Episode 4: "Ted Mosby: Architect" Quotes
Ted: Marshall...you up for some super-loud repetitive music that hasn't changed since the mid-90's?
Marshall: Um...only always
- Permalink: Marshall...you up for some super-loud repetitive music that hasn...
Lily: He asked her to a party?! Oh my God, are you okay?
Robin: Okay? It's awesome! It's a win-win: Ted got to vent and I don't have to hear it. Maybe after he's done with the talky-talk, he'll come over and I'll get the fun part
- Permalink: He asked her to a party?! Oh my God, are you okay? Ted got to ...
Robin: Hey Carl, is Ted still here?
Carl: No. Hey Lily! Still single?
Carl: You know, I've poured a lot of free drinks for you over the years. A lot.
Lily: Carl, do you really wanna be with a woman who would trade sex for beer?
Carl: Only if you're into it. [pours a beer] It's on me.
- Permalink: Hey Carl, is Ted still here? No. Hey Lily! Still single? Ye...
Ted: This project is getting harder and harder!
Barney: Yeah you did!
Ted: Had to!
- Permalink: This project is getting harder and harder! Yeah you did! Had...
Marshall: Well, all skyscrapers kinda look...like a...
Ted: Marshall, it's a 78 story pink marble tower with a rounded top and two spherical entryways at the front.
Marshall: Wow, so it's the whole package.
Barney: Ha ha ha! Yeah you did!
Marshall: Had to!
Barney: Oh, dude, if they're selling condos you gotta get me in. And don't give me the shaft.
Marshall: Yeah you did!
Barney: Had to!
- Permalink: Well, all skyscrapers kinda look...like a... Marshall, it's a ...
Barney [on a note left to girl]: Dear Resident, The time we spent together, however long it was, meant the world to me. I would love to see you again but unfortunately I cannot. You see, I am a ghost. I can only materialize once every decade, on the anniversary of my death. I chose to spend my one day among the living with you, sweet resident. Perhaps we will meet again, in another decade--provided you keep your figure. Until then, all my love from the beyond, Barney.
Resident: Barney... Who the hell is Barney?
- Permalink: Dear Resident, The time we spent together, however long it was, ...
Marshall: You know what dude, forget about Robin, okay? You're hanging with us tonight. I've got an awesome party lined up.
Barney: Oh, God. This gonna be another one of your weird all guy parties?
Marshall: That was a poker game, what is wrong with you? No, it's the first law school party of the year and it's gonna be awesome! I haven't seen these guys since like last year before Lily and I broke-up. Something I have to break to everybody. This party is gonna suck
- Permalink: You know what dude, forget about Robin, okay? You're hanging wit...
Ted: Hey! How was your day?
[Robin kisses Ted and smiles]
Ted: ... Wow, you're a great interviewer. Aren't you gonna ask me how my day was?
Robin: No, I know how it was. It was awful. Oh, you wanna rent a movie tonight?
- Permalink: Hey! How was your day? Good ... Wow, you're a great inter...
Law Student: Who wants to shave my ass?
Future Ted: That guy went on to become a Supreme Court Justice.
- Permalink: Who wants to shave my ass? That guy went on to become a Suprem...
Barney: Dude, lots of chicks think that architects are hot. Think about that, you create something out of nothing. You're like God. There is no one hotter than God.
Ted: I love it when you quote scripture
- Permalink: Dude, lots of chicks think that architects are hot. Think about ...
Want more How I Met Your Mother?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!