Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
(voiceover) John Steinbeck once wrote "It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live for our death brings no pleasure on the world."Lucas
- Permalink: (voiceover) John Steinbeck once wrote It seems to me that if you...
Lucas: So to hell with him. I don't want his name.
Karen: Keith's a Scott too, you know.
- Permalink: So to hell with him. I don't want his name. Keith's a Scott to...
When I found out I was pregnant, Dan already had a basketball scholarship, and nothing was going to get in the way of that. But then something strange happened. Right before classes started, Dan changed his mind. He said he'd finish the semester and...we'd get married. So when I went into labor and you appeared, the nurse asked for your name, and I said it was Scott. Keith was there, and when the nurse brought you in, she let him hold you. I've known Keith my whole life, and that's the only time I've seen him cry. Your father never showed up.Karen
- Permalink: When I found out I was pregnant, Dan already had a basketball sc...
So ... support me! When I'm tutoring someone, and they get it, and that light goes on, I feel good! I feel worthy. The same way that you feel when you play basketball. Besides, having things gotten better for you? The team's left you alone, the hazings stopped? Yeah. So, that's worth the risk for me. What's not worth the risk is us. We're friends, and that is important to me.Haley
- Permalink: So ... support me! When I'm tutoring someone, and they get it, a...
Keith: That's right. Big brother. And no matter what you did on that basketball court a lifetime ago, and no matter what you do now, I'll always be your big brother. So guess what, Danny boy? It was my name first. It's Lucas' name now. And there's nothing you can do about it.
Dan: Okay, Keith.
Keith: You know, you can be ashamed of me. And you can be ashamed of Lucas. But what makes you think we're not just as ashamed of you? Huh? Now get out of my shop.
- Permalink: That's right. Big brother. And no matter what you did on that ba...
Lucas: I saw you with him.
Haley: Who, Nathan? God, he got a good grade on that math quiz. It was nothing.
Lucas: I want to believe you, Haley. I do. But I don't think you're telling the truth.
Haley: I am telling the truth, Lucas. There's nothing going on.( Lucas sees her bracelet that Nathan gave her)
Lucas: Nice bracelet.
- Permalink: I saw you with him. Who, Nathan? God, he got a good grade on t...
Haley: Still in denial?
Nathan: About what?
Haley: Missing her. It's okay that you do.
Nathan: What, are you my tutor or my shrink?
Haley: Whatever you need.
- Permalink: Still in denial? About what? Missing her. It's okay that you...
Brooke: Hey cutie! I saw your picture in the paper. Personally, I didn't think it did you justice.
Brooke: No. Far too much clothing.
- Permalink: Hey cutie! I saw your picture in the paper. Personally, I didn't...
Lucas: I'm an idiot.
Haley: I know.
- Permalink: I'm an idiot. I know.
Nathan: You know, me and Peyton broke up.
Haley: Peyton and I.
Nathan: What, she broke up with you, too? I just, I didn't know she was gonna take it this hard. She went off on Brooke at practice. I'm kinda worried about her.
Haley: Well, maybe you should have worried more about her when you were together. I'm sorry, but come on, it's true.
Nathan: No, you don't know the first thing about Peyton and I.
Haley: Me and Peyton.
- Permalink: You know, me and Peyton broke up. Peyton and I. What, she br...
Peyton: What's wrong is how pointless all of this is!
Brooke: Stop saying that!
Peyton: No! Because it's true. What difference does it make if you sleep with a popular guy, or you go to the right party, or you know the moves to some moronic cheer to do with some lame ass game I could care less about?
- Permalink: What's wrong is how pointless all of this is! Stop saying that...
You're not even close. You're not even in the neighborhood close!Peyton
- Permalink: You're not even close. You're not even in the neighborhood close...