Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
(voiceover) Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred.How did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us? That we now send our children out into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return but knowing that some will be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows, swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?Lucas
- Permalink: (voiceover) Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this h...
"What's wrong with you? He's just a kid. We're all just kids and we just have this life and the things you say and do, we feel that. How can you have so much hate in your heart? How can you act like it doesn't matter? It does matter. What happened to us? We're just kids. We can't be like this. It's not possible."Abby
- Permalink: What's wrong with you? He's just a kid. We're all just kids and ...
It wasn't supposed to be this way. The artists, and the scientists, and the poets...none of them fit in at seventeen. You're supposed to get past it. Adults, they see kids killing kids and they know its a tragedy because they used to be those kids. The bullies and the beaten and the loners. You're supposed to get past it. You're supposed to live long enough to take it back. Just take it all back.Mouth
- Permalink: It wasn't supposed to be this way. The artists, and the scientis...
Nathan: and Forever.
- Permalink: Always. and Forever.
Reporter: I'm here with student council president Brooke Davis. Brooke can you put into words how you might be feeling about this tragedy?
Brooke: You should be ashamed of yourself. There are kids inside our school fearing for their lives right now, terrified that someones gonna put a gun in their face and pull the trigger and you want to know how I'm feeling? Our pain is not a commodity for you. It's not a news bite to boost your ratings because tomorrow or the next day or the next week when we go back to school, changed forever by a day that will never leave us where are you gonna be? At the next tragedy thrusting your microphone in the face of the next fractured person asking them how they feel? Lady that is not journalism. You are not contributing anything to society. You are buzzards circling the carnage but you prey on the living. That is how I'm feeling but something tells me you're not gonna air that.
- Permalink: I'm here with student council president Brooke Davis. Brooke can...
Jimmy: What's that in your pocket?
Haley: (dialing 911) Nothing.
Jimmy: What is it?!
Nathan: OK just stop pointing the gun at her.
Jimmy: Give me your cell phone. (sees that it's connected to 911) Aws, Haley, I used to like you. Hello, 911? If anyone comes near the school, we start shooting kids.
- Permalink: What's that in your pocket? (dialing 911) Nothing. What is i...
Jimmy Edwards: You're Abby Brown. What's my name?
Jimmy: My full name.
Abby: I don't know!
Haley: Jimmy Edwards. You're Jimmy Edwards and you're a good guy. Holding 7 kids hostage in a school? That's not you Jimmy.
- Permalink: You're Abby Brown. What's my name? Jim? My full name. I do...
Peyton: You're always saving me.
Lucas: Somebody has got to.
Peyton: If I say I Love You right now will you hold it against me because I've lost a lot of blood. Come here.
- Permalink: You're always saving me. Somebody has got to. If I say I Lov...
Luke, it was your friend. The one from the time capsule. He had the gun. But he didn't look evil, or angry- he just looked scared.Peyton
- Permalink: Luke, it was your friend. The one from the time capsule. He had ...
Everyday that I have to come to this school, is another day I don't have to come back.Jimmy Edwards
- Permalink: Everyday that I have to come to this school, is another day I do...
Everybody can't be popular, because if they were, nobody would be popular.Rachel
- Permalink: Everybody can't be popular, because if they were, nobody would b...
Mouth: I've got to find my friend.
Mouth: Because he's my friend.
Rachel: You know Mouth, that guy is either gonna stand on his own two feet or he's gonna fall, but he has to do it on his own. That's the scary truth, Mouth. We're all alone.
Mouth: Not if we have friends.
- Permalink: I've got to find my friend. Why? Because he's my friend. Y...