Scandal Season 2 Episode 9: "Blown Away" Quotes
Olivia: What's the charge?
Agent: This man is being held under the Patriot Act.
- Permalink: What's the charge? This man is being held under the Patriot Ac...
Cyrus: A baby was born at County General this evening at 5:42 p.m. A girl, 5 pounds 11 ounces. She's ours. She's our daughter. We can bring her home in a week if you say yes.
James: You stole a baby?
Cyrus: I did not--
James: You bought a baby?
Cyrus: I pulled some strings and got us to the front of the line. It wasn't that hard, just a well-placed phone call, which is wrong. Very wrong. But like I said, I'm a Republican overlord and your dream is a baby, so...and now you're thinking 'why now' when I didn't want a baby before. Why now? Someone shot my best friend. He's lying in a hospital bed dying. Which makes me denying us a chance to start a family seem ludicrous. So there's a baby girl in County General, and if you say yes, in one week, she could be our daughter. We could be her fathers. If you say yes.
- Permalink: 42 p.m. A girl, 5 pounds 11 ounces. She's ours. She's our daught...
James: You set the table.
Cyrus: Amalia set the table. She's off today, but I made her come in and set the table. I'm a Republican overlord, I know.
- Permalink: You set the table. Amalia set the table. She's off today, but ...
Olivia: Huck, I know you have feelings for this woman, but enough already. She doesn't love you. Turn her in.
Olivia: Huck, this isn't just about you anymore. It's about a man lying in a hospital bed because your girlfriend shot him in the head. A woman who's clearly using you to protect herself, and if you can't see that, you're blind.
Huck: Don't touch me. Do I tell you who to love? No. So don't tell me.
- Permalink: Huck, I know you have feelings for this woman, but enough alread...
Olivia: She got to you, didn't she?
Olivia: She did. You found her and she got to you. Huck, she shot the President. Not just that, she shot the president and she framed you for it.
Huck: She was doing her job.
- Permalink: She got to you, didn't she? No. She did. You found her and s...
[to Olivia] I promised I would say goodbye.Huck
- Permalink: I promised I would say goodbye.
Huck: I'll leave with you.
Huck: We're the same. We're built the same. I love you.
Becky: I love you, too.
- Permalink: I'll leave with you. Really? We're the same. We're built th...
Verna: You know, I've been seeing pictures of that fellow wearing the red hoodie all day. He looks a lot like Huck.
Verna: Like I said, karma's a funny thing.
- Permalink: You know, I've been seeing pictures of that fellow wearing the r...
Olivia: He's lying in a hospital room fighting for his life and he had nothing to do with how he got elected. He's a patriot and he's legitimate.
Verna: We're both in hospital rooms. Karma is a funny thing. We're paying the price for what we did.
- Permalink: He's lying in a hospital room fighting for his life and he had n...
[to Cyrus] You are not going to grow old alone. You're never alone. I'm here.Olivia
- Permalink: You are not going to grow old alone. You're never alone. I'm her...
Olivia: Mellie's let me visit him exactly once and then she revoked my privileges. I might not even get to say goodbye.
Cyrus: I'm going to say this once, and I better not ever have to say it again. Don't you ever again suggest to me that Fitzgerald Thomas Grant the Third is going to die. That is unacceptable coming from you. He calls you the love of his life. Don't you dare give up on him.
- Permalink: Mellie's let me visit him exactly once and then she revoked my p...
You like to kill people. It's what you do. It's who you are. Look, you're mad right now because I had you. Because you let your guard down and I fooled you, but Huck, you're missing the point. We're alike. You're like me. We're the same. We're built for each other. So you can sit here every night and watch your little family eat their sandwiches, or you can come with me. Come with me. I'm leaving town. We can go on the run and do the whole Bonnie and Clyde for hire thing, just you and me. Think about it, Huck.Becky
- Permalink: You like to kill people. It's what you do. It's who you are. Loo...