Seinfeld Season 4 Episode 3: "The Pitch" Quotes
Newman: (to Kramer) You gave me a defective detector! Jerry?
Jerry: Buyer beware.
- Permalink: You gave me a defective detector! Jerry? Buyer beware.
Newman: I want my helmet back! You give me back my helmet, and you're gonna pay for that ticket!
Kramer: Oh, yeah, yeah. You better think again, Mojambo.
- Permalink: I want my helmet back! You give me back my helmet, and you're go...
George: Why don't they have salsa on the table?
Jerry: What do you need salsa for?
George: Salsa is now the number one condiment in America.
Jerry: You know why? Because people like to say "salsa." "Excuse me, do you have any salsa?" We need more salsa." "Where's the salsa? No salsa?"
George: You know, it must be impossible for a Spanish person to order seltzer and not get salsa. "I wanted seltzer, not salsa!"
Jerry: "Don't you know the difference between seltzer and salsa?! You have the seltzer after the salsa!"
- Permalink: Why don't they have salsa on the table? What do you need salsa...
George: I can't do this, I can't do this.
George: I can't do this, I can't do it. I've tried, I'm here, it's impossible.
Jerry: Hey, this was your idea.
George: What idea? I just said something. I didn't know you were gonna listen to me!
(He smacks Jerry's forehead)
Jerry: Don't worry about it. They're just TV executives.
George: They're men with jobs, Jerry! They wear suits and ties! They're married, they have secretaries!
- Permalink: I can't do this, I can't do this. What? I can't do this, I c...
You're under no obligation to shake my hand.Joe Davola
- Permalink: You're under no obligation to shake my hand.
Jerry: You want to go with me to NBC?
George: Yeah, I think we really got something here.
Jerry: What do we got?
George: An idea.
Jerry: What idea?
George: An idea for the show.
Jerry: I still don't know what the idea is.
George: It's about nothing.
George: Everybody's doing something, we'll do nothing.
Jerry: So, we go into NBC, we tell them we got an idea for a show about nothing?
Jerry: They say, "What's your show about?" I say, "Nothing."
George: There you go.
(A moment passes)
Jerry: (nodding) I think you may have something here.
- Permalink: You want to go with me to NBC? Yeah, I think we really got som...
(to George) I don't even want to talk about it anymore. What were you thinking? What was going on in your mind? Artistic integrity. Where, where did you come up with that? You're not artistic and you have no integrity. You know, you really need some help, and a regular psychiatrist couldn't even help you. You need to go to, like, Vienna or something. You know what I mean? You need to get involved at the University level, like where Freud studied, and have all those people looking at you and checking up on you. That's the kind of help you need. Not the once a week for eighty bucks, no. You need a team, a team of psychiatrists working around the clock, thinking about you, having conferences, observing you, like the way they did with the Elephant Man. That's what I'm talkin about, 'cause that's the only way you're gonna get better.Jerry
- Permalink: I don't even want to talk about it anymore. What were you thinki...
Jerry: This is a pretty bad deal for Kramer. You know a radar detector is worth much more than that helmet. I think you're cheating him.
Newman: Don't say anything.
Jerry: All right.
(Kramer enters the room)
Jerry: Hey, you know you're getting gypped over here.
- Permalink: This is a pretty bad deal for Kramer. You know a radar detector ...
I can't do this Jerry. I can't do it. I tried, I'm here, it's impossible!George
- Permalink: I can't do this Jerry. I can't do it. I tried, I'm here, it's im...
George: Look, you do all the talking, OK?
Jerry: Relax! Who are they?
George: Yeah, they're not better than me.
Jerry: Of course not.
George: Who are they?
Jerry: They're nobody.
George: What about me?
Jerry: What about you?
George: Why them? Why not me?
Jerry: Why not you?
George: I'm as good as them.
George: You really think so?
- Permalink: Look, you do all the talking, OK? Relax! Who are they? Yeah,...
Kramer: We had a deal! There's no guarantees in life!
Newman: No, but there's karma, Kramer!
- Permalink: We had a deal! There's no guarantees in life! No, but there's ...
Russell: Well, why am I watching it?
George: Because it's on TV.
Russell: (pausing) Not yet.
- Permalink: Well, why am I watching it? Because it's on TV. Not yet.