Sex and the City Season 1 Episode 4: "Valley of the Twenty-Something Guys" Quotes
Skipper: They stopped making Martinis, so I got us two rum and cokes. Is that okay?
Miranda: Well, I hate rum, and I hate coke, but, thanks.
- Permalink: They stopped making Martinis, so I got us two rum and cokes. Is ...
(listens to a message from Big on her answering machine)
Carrie: Oh, something came up he's not gonna meet me. Here, will you listen to this and tell me if you can figure out whether he's not meeting me as a date, or not meeting me as a friend?
(Miranda takes the phone)
Carrie (voiceover): Sometimes, you need a second opinion; with doctors, real estate, men.
Miranda: I have no idea. And I finished first in my litigation class.
- Permalink: Oh, something came up he's not gonna meet me. Here, will you lis...
Miranda: Where did Skipper go?
Charlotte: I don't know how you can date that younger guy? I mean, they're so scattered and unfocused.
Miranda: We're not dating, it's a fuck thing.
- Permalink: Where did Skipper go? I don't know how you can date that young...
I don't know what I want. But I'm afraid if I don't you'll dump me. And if I do then I'll be up the butt girl. Men don't marry up the butt girl. Whoever heard of Mrs. Up The Butt?Charlotte
- Permalink: I don't know what I want. But I'm afraid if I don't you'll dump ...
Meanwhile, uptown, Charlotte wondered when relationships had gotten so complicated. She yearned for the time when dinner was followed by dessert, not lubricant.Carrie
- Permalink: Meanwhile, uptown, Charlotte wondered when relationships had got...
I decided, the only way to break free was to move from one addiction, to an even bigger one.....shoes.Carrie
- Permalink: I decided, the only way to break free was to move from one addic...
I realized I had just entered an interesting chapter in my life. I had outgrown the boys of my past, and not quite grown into the men of my future.Carrie
- Permalink: I realized I had just entered an interesting chapter in my life....
Carrie: Same time, same place, just you and me.
Big: Well, sort of. Meet my friend Jack.
Carrie: Oh, hi, how are you?
Jack: Marvelous. Going through my second divorce. Bitch is getting everything the first bitch didn't.
- Permalink: Same time, same place, just you and me. Well, sort of. Meet my...
Once upon a time in a kingdom faraway, a certain man and a slightly less certain woman kept bumping into one other. They seem to meet everywhere; on street corners, at parties. It was almost as if they were dating accidentally. And then, after another chance meeting, at a wealthy lawyer's new son's bris, they decided to pick a time to bump into each other on purpose.Carrie
- Permalink: Once upon a time in a kingdom faraway, a certain man and a sligh...
Carrie: So, then what's really going on here? Do younger men feel safer?
Miranda: What's really going on here is sex. Good old-fashioned, eager to please, do what I tell you to, Eagle Scout sex.
Carrie: But, I'm not having sex. It's a kissing thing.
Miranda: So, what's the big deal? It's just a fling. It's not like we're throwing out our schedules or anything.
- Permalink: So, then what's really going on here? Do younger men feel safer?...
Carrie: Shouldn't we be dating men our own age?
Miranda: Good luck finding one. There are no available men in their 30's in New York, Giuliani had them removed along with the homeless.
- Permalink: Shouldn't we be dating men our own age? Good luck finding one....
Samantha: (on the phone) I am so fucked.
Carrie: What's wrong?
Samantha: No, I mean, literally. I have been fucked every way you can be fucked.
Carrie: If you keep talking like that, I'm gonna have to charge you by the minute. (goes to a voiceover) As I searched for my morning Marlboro light, Samantha proceed to give me a rundown of her night with Jon--no "H", no inhibitions. (voiceover ends)
Samantha: We did with him on top, me on top, me on my side.
Carrie: Him on his side?
Samantha: Oh, God, yes. On his back, on his side, on his face. Have you ever done that?
Carrie: It's too early to remember.
Samantha: Well, do it immediately. It is fabulous. These guys in their 20s, they are up for anything. How did it go with you and Sam?
Carrie: We kissed.
Samantha: Just kissed?
Carrie: No. We just kissed for five hours - at the club, in front of the club, on the corner of the club. I forgot how much fun it is to just kiss, you know, even if I did only get two hours of sleep.
Samantha: I didn't sleep at all.
- Permalink: I am so f**ked. What's wrong? No, I mean, literally. I have ...