Sex and the City Season 1 Quotes
Miranda: Here they come, let's make a break for it.
Carrie: No, they saw me, I can't just pray and run.
- Permalink: Here they come, let's make a break for it. No, they saw me, I ...
Carrie: He introduced me to his mother as a friend, she never heard of me.
Miranda: Maybe, they're not that close.
Carrie: Don't lie, you're in a church.
- Permalink: He introduced me to his mother as a friend, she never heard of m...
Miranda: You wanna spend the night?
Skipper: The night, the whole night?
Miranda: Yea, the whole night.
Skipper: I knew we'd get back together.
Miranda: You did?
Skipper: Yep! Every night I'd light a candle and say a little pray.
Miranda: You're a freak!
- Permalink: You wanna spend the night? The night, the whole night? Yea, ...
Samantha is crying
Carrie: What's going on, why are you crying?
Samantha: James has a small dick.
Carrie: Well, it's not the end of the world.
Samantha: It's really small.
Miranda: How small?
Samantha: Too small.
Carrie: Well, size isn't everything....
Samantha: Three inches.....
Charlotte: Is he a good kisser?
Samantha: Oh, who the fuck cares! His dick is like a gherkin!
- Permalink: Samantha is crying What's going on, why are you crying? Jame...
Charlotte: So, which church does his mother go to?
Carrie: Park Avenue Presbyterian.
Charlotte: Good church! It's one of the best on the East Side!
Carrie: What? Are you rating churches? Is there a Zagat guide for that?
Miranda: Four stars. Great bread. Disappointing wine selection.
- Permalink: So, which church does his mother go to? Park Avenue Presbyteri...
New York City is all about sex. People getting it, people trying to get it, people who can't get it. No wonder the city never sleeps. It's too busy trying to get laid.Carrie
- Permalink: New York City is all about sex. People getting it, people trying...
Miranda: Three times? Try three months.
Miranda: Yes. Now would be a good time to wipe that horrible look off your face.
Carrie: I'm sorry sweetie, I just, I didn't know. Where have I been?
Miranda: You've been having sex. I've been at Blockbuster renting videos. It's tragic. I'm like two rentals away from a free pound of gummy bears.
Carrie: Relax, you're just in a dry spell.
Miranda: I can't believe you just said that. You're all freaked out about three times. I'm talking three months.
- Permalink: Three times? Try three months. No? Yes. Now would be a good ...
I'm warning you ladies, if I make it to four months, I'm humping one of you.Miranda
- Permalink: I'm warning you ladies, if I make it to four months, I'm humping...
Sex is the barometer for what's going on in the relationship.Samantha
- Permalink: Sex is the barometer for what's going on in the relationship.
Men aren't that complicated, they're kinda like plants.Samantha
- Permalink: Men aren't that complicated, they're kinda like plants.
Carrie: I farted.
Samantha: Then move your mat away.
Carrie: Not, now, I did it in front of Big.
Samantha: Big mistake.
Carrie: You think? It wasn't a choice. I'm human. It happened.
Samantha: No, honey, you're a woman, and men don't like women to be human. We aren't supposed to fart, douche, use tampons or have hair in places we shouldn't .
- Permalink: I farted. Then move your mat away. Not, now, I did it in fro...
Carrie: Is it normal to be in the same bed and not do it?
Miranda: I guess, it depends on what's normal for you?
Carrie: Oh God, I hate that. Who am I to know what's normal? I've been dating a hundred years. I haven't a clue.
Miranda: Well, three months is not normal for me. One month was interesting. Two months was numbing. Three months, I'm going out of my mind.
- Permalink: Is it normal to be in the same bed and not do it? I guess, it ...
Charlotte is trying to decide whether to have anal sex with a man she's dating.
Miranda: It all depends on how much you like him?
Charlotte: A lot.
Miranda: "Dating a few months until somebody better comes along a lot", or "marrying him and moving to the East Hampton's" a lot?
Charlottte: I don't know, I'm not sure.
Miranda: Well, you better get sure real quick.
Charlotte: You're scaring me.
Carrie: Don't scare her.
Miranda: It's all about control. If he goes up there, there's gonna be a shift in power, either he'll have the upper hand or you will. Now there's a certain camp that believe whoever holds the dick, holds the power. (Cab Driver turns around) Hello, you're driving! The question is, if he goes up your butt, will he respect you more or respect you less? That's the issue.
Cab Driver: No smoking in cab.
Carrie: Sir, were talking "up the butt", a cigarette is in order.
(Cuts to Samantha now in the cab)
Samantha: Front. Back. Who cares? A hole is a hole.
Miranda: Can I quote you?
Samantha: Don't be so judgmental. You could use a little back door.
Charlotte: I'm not a hole.
Carrie: Honey, we know.
Samantha: Look, all I'm saying is this is a physical expression, that the body, well, it was designed to experience. And p.s., it's fabulous.
- Permalink: Charlotte is trying to decide whether to have anal sex with a ma...
Samantha: There's no such thing as bad publicity.
Carrie: Yeah you would say that, you're a publicist.
- Permalink: There's no such thing as bad publicity. Yeah you would say th...