Sex and the City Season 1 Quotes
New York City is all about sex. People getting it, people trying to get it, people who can't get it. No wonder the city never sleeps. It's too busy trying to get laid.Carrie
- Permalink: New York City is all about sex. People getting it, people trying...
Kevin leaves to answer his phone
Charlotte: Ok when?
Carrie: Umm, three years ago.
Charlotte: Three years, I can live with that. Serious?
Carrie: Oh no!
Charlotte: Good! Why'd you two break up?
Carrie: You know, we were in different places and I .....
Charlotte: Listen, Carrie, we don't have time for diplomacy, just tell me.
Carrie: He's a sex maniac.
- Permalink: Kevin leaves to answer his phone Ok when? Umm, three years a...
I'm warning you ladies, if I make it to four months, I'm humping one of you.Miranda
- Permalink: I'm warning you ladies, if I make it to four months, I'm humping...
Sex is the barometer for what's going on in the relationship.Samantha
- Permalink: Sex is the barometer for what's going on in the relationship.
Carrie: Charlotte, come on. You're still young. You have plenty of time to have children.
Charlotte: No, no I don't. I don't want to be one of those 40-year-old moms. (Glances at Samantha) No, no offence.
Samantha: Well I don't want to be one of them either. There are no frozen eggs in my freezer.
- Permalink: Charlotte, come on. You're still young. You have plenty of tim...
Charlotte: Stop it! You're not gonna clean up at your own shower.
Laney's friend: Yeah relax, cause once little Todd or Shayla comes around, you'll never stop cleaning up.
Charlotte: Shayla? Did you say Shayla?
Laney's friend: It's so unique, isn't it?
Charlotte: It's so my name!
Laney's friend: I thought your name was Charlotte.
Charlotte: No, it's not my name, it's my name! My secret baby name that I made up when I was eleven years old for my daughter when I had her. I told you. Don't tell me you don't remember.
Laney: No I'm sorry. I really don't.
Carrie: (voiceover) A complete lie. She remembered. We all remembered. Charlotte had made us all swear never to use it.
Laney: Anyway I think my husband heard it somewhere else.
Charlotte: Really, where, because I didn't tell him.
Laney: I can't believe you're freaking out over a name.
Laney's friend: I mean, you're not even pregnant.
Charlotte: That's not the point!
Samantha: (joining) What's going on?
Charlotte: She stole my baby name.
Samantha: You bitch! Let's go.
- Permalink: Stop it! You're not gonna clean up at your own shower. Yeah r...
(Carrie and Miranda at the drug store)
Carrie: I'm on total ovary overload. Which kind do I get?
Miranda: Here. This one's on sale. Half off.
Carrie: Sweetie, I just spent 395 dollars on a pair of open-toed Gucci's last week. This is not the place to be frugal.
- Permalink: I'm on total ovary overload. Which kind do I get? Here. This...
(Carrie's period is late seven days)
Samantha: Oh honey, gray area. True, you're in front of the firing squad, but you haven't been shot.
Miranda: I was once ten days late.
Carrie: Really? Were you having sex?
- Permalink: Oh honey, gray area. True, you're in front of the firing squad,...
I just realized; maybe it's maturity or the wisdom that comes with age, but the witch in Hansel and Gretel, she's very misunderstood. I mean, the woman builds her dream house, and these brats come along, and start eating it.Miranda
- Permalink: I just realized; maybe it's maturity or the wisdom that comes wi...
Samantha: So help me, she fucks on my couch, she buys it.
Carrie: Isn't that how you got the couch from me?
- Permalink: So help me, she f**ks on my couch, she buys it. Isn't that how...
Samantha: Frankly, I think it's sad, the way she's using a child to validate her existence.
Carrie: Exactly. Why can't she just use sex and a nice cocktail like the rest of us?
- Permalink: Frankly, I think it's sad, the way she's using a child to valida...
Carrie: Oh shit! I totally spaced. I forgot to buy her a present. How tacky is it to give the mother-to-be a fistful of cash?
Samantha: Oh don't worry about it. (Shows a bottle of Scotch) You can go in on mine.
Carrie: You bought a pregnant woman a bottle of Scotch?
Samantha: The invitation said BYOB.
Miranda: That meant, "Bring Your Own Baby".
Carrie: What did you get her?
Carrie: Seriously. What'd you get her?
Miranda: Seriously. They're pastel.
- Permalink: Oh s**t! I totally spaced. I forgot to buy her a present. How ...
It's like the riddle of the Sphinx. Why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?Carrie
- Permalink: It's like the riddle of the Sphinx. Why are there so many great ...
(After Carrie gets off Mr. Big's car)
Carrie: Wait! Have you ever been in love?
Mr. Big: Abso-fucking-lutely.
- Permalink: Wait! Have you ever been in love? Abso-f**king-lutely.