Sex and the City Season 1 Quotes
(Miranda shows Carrie and Charlotte the vibrator at the store)
Miranda: Ladies, I'd like you to meet "The Rabbit."
Carrie: 92 dollars?!
Miranda: Please, think about the money we spend on shoes.
Charlotte: Well I have no intention of using that. I'm saving sex for someone I love.
Miranda: Fantastic. Is there a man in the picture?
(Carrie takes it out of the box)
Charlotte: Look! Oh, it's so cute! Oh I thought it would be all scary and weird, but it isn't! It's pink, for girls! I love the little bunny, it has a little face! Like Peter Rabbit.
Carrie: And it's even got a remote. I mean, how lazy do you have to be?
- Permalink: Ladies, I'd like you to meet The Rabbit. 92 dollars?! Please...
Stanford's grandmother: Do you want a family?
Carrie: (voice)As I looked around at all the memorabilia and family photographs, the faces of brides and grooms, children and grandchildren, I realized... (end of voiceover) Yes, I do.
- Permalink: Do you want a family? As I looked around at all the memorabili...
Puberty is a phase. Fifteen years of rejection is a lifestyle.Stanford
- Permalink: Puberty is a phase. Fifteen years of rejection is a lifestyle.
Carrie: Sweetie, don't you think it's weird that you're thinking of sleeping with someone you don't know, to get closer to Jack?
Charlotte: But how well do we ever know the people we sleep with?
Carrie (voiceover): That was the thing about Charlotte. Just when you were about to write her off as a Park Avenue Pollyanna, she'd say something so right on, you'd think she was the Dalai Lama.
- Permalink: Sweetie, don't you think it's weird that you're thinking of slee...
Charlotte: Jack says I have a fire inside me.
Carrie: You tell him they make a cream for that.
- Permalink: Jack says I have a fire inside me. You tell him they make a cr...
Therapist: So what do you think your dream meant?
Miranda: I'm in a sandbox with Charlotte, Sam, and Carrie, and they won't play with me. Please, it's obvious.
Carrie: (voiceover) Across town, Miranda was dealing with her own nightmare.
Miranda: Look, I know it's juvenile, but it bothers me. I'm attractive, I'm smart, right? Plenty of people should want me for a threesome.
Therapist: So, you're saying, that you're attracted to your girlfriends?
Miranda: No! But if your friends won't go down on you, who will?
- Permalink: So what do you think your dream meant? I'm in a sandbox with C...
Charlotte: I've never done a threesome.
Samantha: Come on, of course you haven't. You in a threesome? You won't even wear a thong!
- Permalink: I've never done a threesome. Come on, of course you haven't. ...
Charlotte: Jack wants us to do a threesome.
Miranda: Of course he does. Every guy does.
Samantha: Threesomes are huge right now. They're the blow job of the '90's.
Charlotte: What was the blow job of the '80's?
Samantha: Anal sex.
Carrie: Any sex, period.
Miranda: Don't let him pressure you into it. It's just this guy's cheap ploy to watch you be a lesbian for a night.
Samantha: Don't knock it till you tried it.
- Permalink: Jack wants us to do a threesome. Of course he does. Every guy...
I've always wanted to do it in my parents' bed.Charlotte
- Permalink: I've always wanted to do it in my parents' bed.