The Big Bang Theory Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot" Quotes
Penny: So, what do you guys do around here?
Sheldon: Well, today we tried masturbating for money
- Permalink: So, what do you guys do around here? Well, today we tried mast...
[on their way to pick up Penny's TV from her ex]
Sheldon: And why can't she get her own TV?
Leonard: Come on, you know how it is with break-ups.
Sheldon: No, I don't and neither do you.
Leonard: But I -- I broke up with Joyce Kim.
Sheldon: You did not break-up with Joyce Kim, she defected to North Korea.
Leonard: To mend her broken heart
- Permalink: And why can't she get her own TV? Come on, you know how it is ...
Penny: And on top of everything else, I'm all gross from moving. My stupid shower doesn't even work.
Leonard: Our shower works.
Penny: Really? Would it be totally weird if I used it?
- Permalink: And on top of everything else, I'm all gross from moving. My stu...
Leonard: Sheldon, I am so sorry I dragged you through this.
Sheldon: It's ok. It wasn't my first pantsing, and it won't be my last.
Leonard: But you were right about my motives. I was hoping to establish a relationship with Penny that might have someday led to sex.
Sheldon: Well, you got me out of my pants.
- Permalink: Sheldon, I am so sorry I dragged you through this. It's ok. It...
Penny: I'm a vegetarian. Well, except for fish, and the occasional steak. I love steak!
Sheldon: Well, that's interesting. Leonard can't process corn
- Permalink: I'm a vegetarian. Well, except for fish, and the occasional stea...
Sheldon: Are you still mad about the sperm bank?
Sheldon: Do you want to hear an interesting thing about stairs?
Leonard: Not really.
Sheldon: If the height of a single step is off by as little as two millimeters most people will trip.
Leonard: I don't careâ€”two millimeters?! That doesn't seem right.
Sheldon: No, it's true! I did a series of experiments when I was twelve; my father broke his clavicle.
- Permalink: Are you still mad about the sperm bank? No! Do you want to h...
Leonard [referring to him and Penny]: Our babies would be smart and beautiful.
Sheldon: Not to mention imaginary
- Permalink: Our babies would be smart and beautiful. Not to mention imagin...
[at the high-IQ sperm bank discussing donating...]
Sheldon: What if she ends up with a toddler who doesn't know if he should use an integral or a differential to solve for the area under a curve?
Leonard: I'm sure she'll still love him.
Sheldon: I wouldn't
- Permalink: What if she ends up with a toddler who doesn't know if he should...
Penny: I'm a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.
Sheldon: Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.
Penny: Participate in the what?
- Permalink: I'm a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you ne...