The Leftovers Quotes
I understand the pull. I understand that your family and your past, I understand that going back to them feels comfortable and easy, because the alternative, what we do is very, very hard. But there can't be any doubt Laurie. Because doubt is fire. And fire is going to burn you up. Until you are but ash.Patti [to Laurie]
It's easier to stay silent than it is to speak truth. Killing these people is pointless because they're already dead. What I want is to bring them back to life.Matt
No one understands what you people believe in, they don't give a shit.Kevin [to the GR]
- Permalink: No one understands what you people believe in, they don't give a shit.
You know what they say, they'll turn up once you stop looking for them.Nora
- Permalink: You know what they say, they'll turn up once you stop looking for them.
I shouldn't have cried. She wouldn't have cried for me.Jill
- Permalink: I shouldn't have cried. She wouldn't have cried for me.
Kevin: I cheated on my wife.
Kevin: Is there ever a good answer to that question?
- Permalink: Is there ever a good answer to that question?
Jill: Why was she here?
Kevin: It's complicated.
Jill: Let me know when it gets simple.
- Permalink: Let me know when it gets simple.
I think I'm supposed to stay broken, maybe we all are.Laurie
- Permalink: I think I'm supposed to stay broken, maybe we all are.
You want me to trust you? You want me to give my life for that girl? You need to let me know why!Tom
Lucy: Here's what you're gonna do. Get the f*cking baby, open the box, strip it naked, scruff it up, and you can say that you found it in a ditch or a dumpster or something.
Kevin: And why would I do that?
Lucy: Because you need a win Kevin.
- Permalink: Because you need a win Kevin.
You can't just get a new one it's sacred.Jill
- Permalink: You can't just get a new one it's sacred.
Nora: What do you believe in Matt? Do you know where my family went? Do you know what it was?
Matt: It was a test. Not for what came before but for what comes after. The test is what happens now.
They're heroes because nobody's going to come to a parade for "we don't know what the fuck happened" day.Lucy
Tom: You know Mr. Witten, you don't have to be such a dick. You're gonna forget you ever felt this way.
Congressman Witten: What way?
- Permalink: Burdened.