The Mentalist Quotes
Escort Deputy: The arresting officer advises protective custody.
Deputy Bulger: Are you a cop or a child rapist?
Deputy Bulger: What do you need protective custody for, then?
Jane: Well, I guess I don't.
Deputy Bulger: Your funeral.
- Permalink: The arresting officer advises protective custody. Are you a co...
Lisbon: How did it go with Bosco?
Jane: Good. It was, uh, it was very good. We had a frank exchange of views.
Lisbon: So he's gonna keep us in the loop?
Jane: Wouldn't direct me to the bathroom if my ass was on fire.
- Permalink: How did it go with Bosco? Good. It was, uh, it was very good. ...
Jane: Can I please continue working with you?
Lisbon: I thought you were quitting.
Jane: You know I didn't mean that.
Lisbon: So the job is worth wile, is it?
Jane: Uh, it's not that. I mean, it' not that at all. It's just... I have nothing else to do.
Lisbon: No jokes. From now, there have to be boundaries.
Lisbon: I need to know that you can do your work and be effective without creating a mess that I have to clean up.
Jane: No mess, I swear.
Lisbon: On that basis, you can remain with the unit.
Jane: Thank you.
- Permalink: Can I please continue working with you? I thought you were qui...
You're not a detective, you're a victim.Bosco
- Permalink: You're not a detective, you're a victim.
Cho: Nice. I could arrest you for that.
Jane: You'll never take me alive, copper.
Jane: Seriously, it's Marilyn and Charlie. What, do you want to make a comedy arrest, see your name written in the weird news section?
- Permalink: Nice. I could arrest you for that. You'll never take me alive,...
Dr. Daniel, no offense, but I've been working with Patrick Jane for nine months now. You wanna get under my skin, you're gonna have to up your game.Van Pelt
- Permalink: Dr. Daniel, no offense, but I've been working with Patrick Jane ...
Cho: How is he?
Lisbon: Guess what, he's a bad patient.
Cho: Who would've thought.
Jane: I'm not a bad patient. She's a bad visitor.
- Permalink: How is he? Guess what, he's a bad patient. Who would've thou...
Jane: Oh, please don't look at each other like that.
Lisbon: Like what? You can't see.
Jane: I can feel. I can feel your pity.
- Permalink: Oh, please don't look at each other like that. Like what? You ...
Jane: Grace, personal question. Rigsby and I were wondering, uh...who is this man you were kissing by the coffee cart?
Van Pelt: That's...that's none of your business.
Jane: Not from payroll?
Van Pelt: Payroll? No, he doesn't even work here. It's none of your business.
Jane: Well, thank heavens for that, at least. No killing needed.
Rigsby: Don't be so sure.
Jane: You'll see. Honesty's best.
Rigsby: Yeah, honestly, I'd like to kick your butt right now.
- Permalink: Grace, personal question. Rigsby and I were wondering, uh...who ...