The Simpsons Season 2 Episode 5: "Dancin' Homer" Quotes
Homer: I have to convince my supervisor to give me a leave of absence.
Supervisor: Sure! How long would you like, four years? Five years!
- Permalink: I have to convince my supervisor to give me a leave of absence. ...
Man: Get on the bus, Dancin' Homer!
Homer: Will you shut up, I'm trying to think of a name!
- Permalink: Get on the bus, Dancin' Homer! Will you shut up, I'm trying to...
Homer: D'oh, Marge, sitting next to the boss! The best night of the year and it's ruined!
Marge: All this means is you can't wave your fanny around in public.
Homer: Oh, yeah, rub it in!
- Permalink: D'oh, Marge, sitting next to the boss! The best night of the yea...
Employee: You're an inspiration to all of us in waste management, sir.
Mr. Burns: Well, take your mind off contaminants for one night and have a hot dog!
- Permalink: You're an inspiration to all of us in waste management, sir. W...
Ah, sitting with the employees. I guess this proves I'm their friend. You did get me something on an aisle, Smithers. I don't want to be surrounded by them.</i> Mr. Burns
- Permalink: <i>(At Springfield Stadium, Mr. Burns and Smithers make their wa...
There's a swingin' town I know called Capital City.Tony Bennett
People stop and scream hello in Capital City.
It's the kind of place that makes a bum feel like a king.
And it makes a king feel like some nutty cuckoo, super king.
It's against the law to frown in Capital City.
You'll caper like a stupid clown when you chance to see 4th street and "D." Yeah!
Once you get a whiff of it you'll never want to roam,
From Capital City my home, sweet swingin' home.
- Permalink: (<i>Lyrics to the song Capital City, as sung over the end credit...
Some may say that I have been given a bad break in life; little education, bald as a cue ball, ten years on the same job for the same salary. But today, as I leave for Capital City, I consider myself the luckiest mascot on the face of the earth.Homer
- Permalink: (<i>Homer gives a farewell speech to the fans at Springfield Sta...
A Simpson on a t-shirt. I never thought I'd see the day.Marge
- Permalink: (<i>Marge notices the Dancin' Homer t-shirts being sold at the b...
As my son would say, I'm one sad ape-like dude.
- Permalink: As my son would say, I'm one sad ape-like dude.