The Simpsons Season 2 Quotes
(At the casino)
Grampa: Put it all on 41. (To Homer) I've got a feeling about that number.
Roulette Operator: The wheel only goes to 36, sir.
Grampa: Okay, put it all on 36! (To Homer) I've got a feeling about that number.
- Permalink: <i>(At the casino)</i> Put it all on 41. <i>(To Homer)</i> I'...
Bart: Ya know, Grampa kinda smells like that trunk in the garage where the bottom's all wet.
Lisa: Nuh-uh. He smells more like a photo lab.
Homer: Stop it, both of you! Grampa smells like a regular old man, which is more like a hallway in a hospital.
Marge: Homer, that's terrible! We should be teaching the children to treasure the elderly. You know, we'll be old someday.
Homer: (Gasps) My God, you're right, Marge! You kids won't put me in a home like I did to my dad, would ya?
Homer: (Screams) Marge, what do we do!?
- Permalink: Ya know, Grampa kinda smells like that trunk in the garage where...
(Grampa mourns Bea alone in his room.)
Lionel Hutz: It was a beautiful service, wasn't it, Mr. Simpson?
Grampa: (Yells) Who the hell are you?
Lionel Hutz: Lionel Hutz, attorney-at-law! I'm the executor of Beatrice Simmons' estate. Mr. Simpson, Bea was a wealthy woman and, surprise, surprise, she left everything to you.
Lionel Hutz: There is one catch. You must spend one night ina haunted house!
Lionel Hutz: (Chuckles) Just kidding, just kidding.
- Permalink: <i>(Grampa mourns Bea alone in his room.)</i> It was a beautif...
(Grampa rides a roller coaster alone.)
Grampa: I miss Bea.
(Bea's ghost appears in the seat next to Grampa.)
Bea: I miss you too.
Grampa: (Screams in fright)
Bea: Oh, Abraham, calm down. I'm not here to scare you. They've got me haunting a family in Texas.
- Permalink: <i>(Grampa rides a roller coaster alone.)</i> I miss Bea. <i>...
(At Bea's funeral.)
Homer: I can't tell you how sorry I am, Dad.
Grampa: (Sarcastically) Is someone talking to me? I didn't hear anything.
Homer: Oh no! Dad's lost his hearing!
- Permalink: <i>(At Bea's funeral.)</i> I can't tell you how sorry I am, Da...
A double cheeseburger, onion rings, large strawberry shake, and, for God's sakes, hurry!</i> Homer
- Permalink: <i>(Homer at a Krusty Burger drive thru.)</i> A double cheeseb...
Grampa: Oh, Lisa, what makes you think you deserve all that money?
Lisa: I don't deserve it, Grampa. No one here does. The people who deserve it are on the streets, and they're in the slums. They're little children who need more library books and families who can't make ends meet. Of course, if you really wanted to, you could buy me a pony.
Grampa: You're right!
Lisa: I'll name her Princess, and I'll ride her every day!
- Permalink: Oh, Lisa, what makes you think you deserve all that money? I d...
Grampa: Out of my way, I got a date with an angel.
Jasper: You don't know how right you are, Abe.
Jasper: I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Bea passed away last night.
Grampa: Oh no.
Jasper: It was her ticker. The doctor said her left ventricle burst.
Grampa: No, Jasper. They may say she died from a burst ventricle, but I know she died of a broken heart.
- Permalink: Out of my way, I got a date with an angel. You don't know how ...
Bea: So, um, (Clears throat) tell me about yourself.
Grampa: Uh, widower, one son, one working kidney. And you?
Bea: Widowed, bad hip and liver disorder.
- Permalink: So, um, <i>(Clears throat)</i> tell me about yourself. Uh, wid...
(Grampa comes home and forgives Homer.)
Grampa: Sonny boy!
(The two hug.)
Grampa: Is there room at your table for a foolish old man?
Homer: Well, sure! Eh, we'll have to move a chair in from the den. But it's no problem. Bart!
- Permalink: <i>(Grampa comes home and forgives Homer.)</i> Dad? Sonny bo...
Grampa: Eh, what are you, uh, doing tonight?
Bea: Sitting alone in my room.
Grampa: (Disappointed) Oh, well, if you've got plans already--
- Permalink: Eh, what are you, uh, doing tonight? Sitting alone in my room....
(Homer fields a phone call from someone interested in buying Santa's Little Helper.)
Homer: Oh no, we'd never give him away. But we're moving to another country where dogs are forbidden. (Pause) Hear what? (Pause) Oh, sure. Come here, boy! Put that prowler down! Come here! Come on, boy! (Homer pants into the phone like a dog.)
Homer: Say it, boy. Say "I love you" for the nice man. (In a dog's voice) I wuv you!
(Pulls the phone away from his mouth.)
Homer: Good dog! Good doggie!
(Puts phone back near his mouth.)
Homer: Isn't that amazing? See you soon! (Hangs up phone.) Whoo-hoo!
- Permalink: (<i>Homer fields a phone call from someone interested in buying ...
Just because I don't care doesn't mean that I don't understand.Homer
- Permalink: Just because I don't care doesn't mean that I don't understand.
Bones heal, chicks dig scars, and the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world.Lance Murdoch
- Permalink: Bones heal, chicks dig scars, and the United States of America h...