Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Tara: Why didn't you tell me you were going out with Sam?
Sookie: Because it just happened and how did you know?
Tara: Arlene. She works fast.
Sookie: All he did was ask me to the DGD tonight and besides it's in a church. And why shouldn't I? He's perfectly nice, he's got a good job, and he's not a vampire! And why, why do I have to justify this to you?
Tara: I'm entitled to know what my girl's up to, aren't I?
- Permalink: Why didn't you tell me you were going out with Sam? Because it...
Sookie [about Fangtasia]: This feels a little bit like what a vampire bar would look like if it were a ride at Disney World.
Bill: Well, don't get too comfortable. It tends to get more authentic as the night wears on
- Permalink: This feels a little bit like what a vampire bar would look like ...
Bill [at the bar]: You able to pick up anything?
Sookie: All anyone's thinkin' about here is sex, sex, sex.
Bill: One needn't be telepathic to pick up on that
- Permalink: You able to pick up anything? All anyone's thinkin' about here...
Sookie: I'm sorry if I got you into any trouble tonight.
Bill: Don't apologize. We vampires are always in some kind of trouble. I'd prefer to be in it with you
- Permalink: I'm sorry if I got you into any trouble tonight. Don't apologi...
Sookie: Jason, you look me in the eye and you tell me the truth. Did you kill Dawn?
Jason: What? No. Sookie... Look, when Maudette died I thought I might of done it, and it turned out I didn't. With Dawn, I don't even think I might have done it, so I know I didn't
- Permalink: Jason, you look me in the eye and you tell me the truth. Did you...
Sookie: I think we need to stop seeing each other.
Sookie: Because you don't breathe. You don't have any electrical what ever it is. Your friends would like nothing more than to rip my throat out and because vampires killed that preacher from the fellowship of the sun church and his wife and baby! You look me in the eye and tell me they didn't do it?
Bill: Human have killed millions up millions in senseless wars. I do not hold you responsible for that
- Permalink: I think we need to stop seeing each other. Why?! Because you...
Sookie: And... you and Diane dated?
Bill: We had sex once, just after she was made a vampire in the late 1930's.
Sookie: What? Gross. Bill, she so... they're all so...
Bill: Evil. Yes, they are. They share a nest and when vampires share a nest, they become more cruel, more vicious. They become laws unto themselves. Whereas vampires such as I, who live alone are much more likely to hang on to some semblance of our former humanity
- Permalink: And... you and Diane dated? We had sex once, just after she wa...
Sookie: Bill, night before last I had to bury my bloody clothes because I didn't want my grandmother to know I was almost killed and tonight I was almost killed again! Why on earth would I continue seeing you?
Bill: Because you will never find a human man you can be yourself with
- Permalink: Bill, night before last I had to bury my bloody clothes because ...
Jason: Look, Gran, I am the man in this family.
Gran: You are a man in this family, but I am the oldest person here and this is my house. You better respect me boy.
Bill: Actually, I'm the oldest person here
- Permalink: Look, Gran, I am the man in this family. You are a man in this...
Bill: Can I ask you a personal question?
Sookie: Bill, you were just licking blood outta my head. I don't think it gets much more personal than that
- Permalink: Can I ask you a personal question? Bill, you were just licking...
Lafayette: All right, all right. I is on my way. But you might got ta find your own ride home. Just in case I get lucky.
Tara: Whatchu mean if you get lucky? Your standards are so low you always get lucky
- Permalink: All right, all right. I is on my way. But you might got ta find ...
Jason: A lot of Americans don't think you people deserve special rights.
Bill: They're the same rights you have.
Jason: No, I'm just saying there's a reason things are the way they are.
Bill: Yeah. It's called injustice. edit Â»
- Permalink: A lot of Americans don't think you people deserve special rights...