Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
The third group of American Idol semifinalists was by the far the best of season eight. Here's a recap of each performances:
- Lil Rounds stood tall, earning a standing ovation fromt he crowd and a stream of compliments from the judges for her rendition of “Be Without You” by Mary J. Blige.
- Von Smith went with “You’re All I Need to Get By” by Marvin Gay and was actually compared to Clay Aiken.
- Solid performance of “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys, Taylor Vaifanua. We still need to see some personality, however.
- Alex Wagner-Trugman entertained us with “I Guess That’s Why They Call it the Blues." But if this is an actual singing competition, he has no chance.
- Tough song choice for Arianna Afsar. At least “The Winner Takes it All” was the first-ever Abba appearance on the show.
- Ju’Not Joyner was perfectly acceptable with “Hey There Delilah” by The Plain White Ts. But dude can't compare to fellow competitors.
- We like Kristen McNamara. We like her voice and look. We didn't like the choice of singing “Give Me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman.
- Nate Marshall had fun. But we didn't, as the crooner did his best Meatloaf impression to “I Would Do Anything for Love."
- Way to sing, Felicia Barton. A contestant to keep our eye on following this rendition of “No One” by Alicia Keys.
- How can you not cheer on Scott MacIntyre? He's blind! No one showed more emotion during a performance than MacIntyre on “Mandolin Rain” by Bruce Hornsby.
- Kendall Beard pleased the show's country music followers. Strong performance of “This One’s for the Girls” by Martina McBride.
- Jorge Nunez cried after his great audition “Don’t Let the Sun go Down on Me” by Elton John. So did Paula. But what else is new?